Director - Underwriting Excess Primary Casualty
AmTrust is looking for an Excess Primary Casualty Underwriting Director candidates with a strong background, leadership and a track record of underwriting execution. This position will be evaluating individual risk quality and establishing the pricing strategy for program business within the authority delegated.
- Evaluate excess primary casualty insurance risks presented to determine eligibility, profitability a Candidates must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as having experience with meeting deadlines.
- Lead product development efforts working with Segment leader with respect to excess product offering and given extensive knowledge/background drive go forward strategy, including product coverage and pricing updates to ensure profitability across the line
- Gather and analyze relevant information to establish the risk profile and ensure that each risk is appropriately classified and priced.
- Communicates in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive work environment.
- Underwrite renewal business according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment, ensuring high renewal retention.
- Analyze new business for risk profitability as determined by a review of underwriting, claims and financial data.
- Protects the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- Accountable for all facets of new business and renewal handling with a strong emphasis on new business production underwriting in the area of Excess Primary Casualty.
- Lead and develop marketing initiatives for the excess product, including list of approved wholesale brokers appointed with our E&S team and outline marketing activities for calendar year within marketing budget
- Meet regularly with assigned Excess Primary brokers; Identify and establish new relationships with brokers
- Mentor and cross train other more junior underwriters on the excess' product where appropriate
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ plus years in handling Excess Primary Casualty individual risk underwriting.
- Must have background writing harder to place E&S Brokers and ability to develop strategy, product evolution/ improvements, lead marketing efforts and handle referrals for the class.
- Prefer broader experience in Excess Surpluss Primary Casualty, as well as Miscellaneous E&O classes.
- Wholesale Broker relationships a plus.
- Candidate will have both renewal and new business production goals.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.