What you'll do...
ABOUT THE ROLE
Customers have made it clear that they want more from us in the Financial Services arena. This team will play an important role in integrating digital financial solutions and delivering ways for our customers and associates to seamlessly and affordably manage their finances.
The Director of Program Management, will oversee all aspects of the solutions integration, working directly with the VP to ensure major milestones and deliverables are executed on time and on budget.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Develop and execute against workstream project plans, identifying key dependencies and critical paths to ensure all work is accomplished on time and on budget
* Support the development of major check points, OKRs, and KPIs to measure progress
* Partner with Product, Tech, Design, and other functional stakeholders to align on dates and deliverables, incorporating all feedback as appropriate
* Support the development of Board-ready presentations with a clear view on progress, calling out any risks and mitigation strategies
* Coordinate and build relationships across relevant Walmart business units to ensure continued stakeholder buy-in and engagement
* Serve as a thought partner and co-executor to any new workstreams as they emerge and pivot
* Help these financial solutions succeed within the parameters of Walmart, removing barriers and obstacles that could impact performance
* Identify anything that is broken or impeding operating at breakneck speed, escalating concerns to the VP where needed
* Balance demands for nimble processes while ensuring that we aren't exposing ourselves to excessive regulatory, compliance, or financial risks
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* 15+ years of experience in business ops, program management, and/or management consulting with a passion for fintech, entrepreneurship, and innovation. MBA preferred.
* Demonstrated experience launching new businesses or working with high-growth, emerging businesses inside a larger organization strongly preferred
* Very strong communication, presentation, and project management skills, with the highest attention to detail and precision in execution
* Ability to self-manage and 'manage up', with an understanding of when to operate independently and when to rely on leadership for support and oversight
* Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent, often scrappy, problem-solving skills
* Aware of what needs doing and keen to make it happen, however big or small
* Self-starter with analytical skills, able to proactively identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement, assesses viable solutions, and develops and executes comprehensive action plans
* Ability to drive large-scale projects through influence without direct management/ownership of resources - working through multiple functions and teams
* Have strong business judgement to make the right assumptions and draw analogues
* Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Continuously updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and excels under pressure
* Excellent relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration with senior stakeholders across multiple groups
* Able to deal tactfully, respectfully and effectively with a diverse array of individuals; develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate
* Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve our collective goals
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Legal, or related field and 5 years' experience in project management, compliance, operations
management or related area OR 7 years' experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
4 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
4 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Managing a budget, profit and loss statement, or relate financial process
Masters: Business Administration
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!