SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 89,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride, and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Director, Operations Food position will participatein the development of primary goals, operating plans, policies, and short- and long-range objectives for the business unit. Provide leadership, direction, and training to all employees to ensure the primary goals, operating plans, policies, and objectives are achieved.
- Directs laboratory to achieve an efficient and profitable operation. Ensure business returns maximum profit on the business unit P&L statements
- Provides the necessary resources for the laboratory (personnel, equipment, supplies) for the quality assurance program, to ensure confidence in the laboratory's results
- Determines action plans to meet the primary goals of the company and provides ongoing assessments of laboratory performance to other executives
- Oversees integration of new clients to include proper account setup in LIMS, appropriate test selection, timely execution of results, and accurate billing
- Ensures all testing procedures used in the laboratory have been appropriately validated and employee training has been completed before implementation
- Approves purchases of operating supplies and works with senior management to gain approval when needed for capital expenditures
- Ensures that the Quality Management System is implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 17025 standard
- Represents the organization to major customers, government agencies, and the public
- Provides resources and opportunities for personal, business, and technical development and advancement
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years in the industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
This job has expired.
- Masters/ Doctorate degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related