Director, Enterprise Data Governance - INF001446
The Director, Enterprise Data Governance is responsible for developing, implementing and leading governance best-practices over all major data sources, analytic applications, and APIs in the UScellular enterprise. This position will lead multi-functional teams to drive improvements in governance and champion adoption of our BI, data warehouse, Data Lake, analytic, and CRM environments. The role sets key governance metrics, observes their performance and efficiency, and ensures the appropriate programs are in place to enable accurate consumption of Data and Analytics throughout the UScellular Enterprise. This role will set and approve key policies around data definitions, data and analytics workflows, enterprise reporting and Key Performance Indicators, access/consumption policies, information lifecycle and business use of data and related APIs. The function is also focused on coordinating data governance capabilities across all business units in the UScellular enterprise.
- Develop and execute the data governance and data management strategies that align with UScellular's strategic objectives; develop and implement roadmaps to align with UScellular' s strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the organization to effectively lead the Data Governance Council; specifically, develop and implement data polices relating to data access, retention, and distribution, as well as processes related to master data management, data quality, and metadata maintenance.
- Lead the Data Governance team and serve as the executive liaison between all consumers of data in all major platforms/sources, both within the IS domain, and across all areas of the business.
- Develop management & governance standards for all major APIs and API management systems across the enterprise. Maintain, update, and refine metadata repositories and data catalogs that outline the meaning of our data and trace its lineage.
- Define and deploy suite of tools for data management & governance. Communicate and drive data management tool adoption and use across the business.
- Define procedures to monitor data quality, service level agreements, and report availability; collaborate across Information Services and SANDS to implement continuous improvements to deliver new functionality, reduce costs, and improve data quality.
- Establish and lead operating procedures for analytics enablement across the enterprise encouraging relationships with data science communities.
- Work with business partners to develop data monetization strategies, ensuring a balance between customer privacy needs and extracting value from our data assets.
- Develop workflow, process life cycle, and business rules around all major data assets. Establish metrics and compliance checks to ensure rules adhered to.
- Develop a corporate data literacy program. Define data literacy, develop a target audience, drive education and standard methodologies to ensure data literacy is a foundation for the entire organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or related quantitative field.
- 10+ years of experience working in a business intelligence or analytic data warehousing environment.
- 5+ years proven people leadership over analytical or technical delivery teams.
- 10+ years hands-on knowledge of SQL, dimensional data modeling, ETL/ELT, customer data integration (CDI / House holding), and exposure to master data management concepts.
- 7+ years' experience with program and project management skills across both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Possess Outstanding collaboration skills with the ability to persuasively communicate, lead change management processes, and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization, including C-level; exhibit a keen ability to articulate and sell the benefits of information governance and management technologies and processes.
- Data Warehouse & Data Lake experience including considerable exposure to Business Intelligence, CRM, and Data Science solutions.
- Strong business and technical writing ability, including the ability to craft well-formed development "stories" for Agile ETL teams; prior experience preparing functional business requirements, policy/standards documents, and whitepapers.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Authoritative knowledge of analytic and programming tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Python, HIV, Map Reduce, etc.).
- Direct experience leading data governance and data management across both relational and Big Data structures.
- Experience supporting multi-functional teams in Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Operations.
: Information Technology Location(s)
: Illinois-CHICAGO_IL Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
This job has expired.