American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Director, Construction is responsible for coordinating and directly overseeing the new home building efforts for their assigned portfolio. This includes over site of all vendors and general contractors. This position serves as the Company's representative at the worksite in dealings with subcontractors, suppliers and government inspectors while ensuring compliance with all federal and state procedures and regulations, including safety, and building codes.
- Manages homebuilding construction through all phases to ensure the delivery of quality homes that meet company expectations on time and on budget; conducts preconstruction coordination; establishes the construction schedule; monitors the actual construction cost; tracks the home costs against original estimates as construction progresses.
- Schedules and supervises daily trade partner activities in job schedules and business partner signed scopes of work; schedules subcontractors and delivery dates for materials; makes recommendations on whether to engage or terminate contractors and vendors.
- Interacts daily with various departments of company, subcontractors, and city inspectors.
- Conducts Quality Assurance inspections and document those inspections throughout construction process; identifies and mitigates reoccurring construction issues.
- Maintains the construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
- Inspects and ensures that work is completed in compliance with City/County/State requirements and building codes; schedules inspections.
- Orders materials and manages inventory; works with purchasing department to verify completion of change orders and contract options
- Maintains current working knowledge of all applicable building codes and OSHA job safety regulations and ensure they are implemented.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience as a Site/Construction Superintendent or Manager in Real Estate or property management construction projects required. This experience should include:
- Cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews and labor reports
- Building codes, understanding of critical path scheduling methods and safety
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Experience in residential construction environments with demonstrated knowledge of home building and construction systems processes and practices preferred.
- Experience with project management and scheduling software (Procore, Timberline, MS Project, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, budgeting, and business/financial analysis skills.
- Strong leadership, people management, negotiation, prospecting, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to lift/carry:
- 40 pounds to waist height
- 20 pounds to shoulder height
- 10 pounds above the head
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon! Related Keywords:
construction director, construction, director, construction management, engineering, site superintendent, construction superintendent, site manager, real estate, property management, cost projection, financial analysis, residential construction, quality assurance
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at http://employeeprivacy.ah4r.com/
This job has expired.