Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Based in Chicago, as a Director, Accounting, you will lead one of the assigned function in our expanding Accounting team and play a key role in achieving company and investor objectives. You will join a dynamic, growing company and experience a broad range of challenging accounting issues and compliance in the renewable energy industry.
As the Director, Accounting, you will be responsible for overseeing assigned accounting function as it relates to general ledger accounting, transnational accounting, financial reporting, internal controls and audits. You will manage a cross functional team of accounting professionals and outside service providers to meet on-going accounting requirements.
- Oversees and manages accounting staff in preparation of transactions, financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries. Performs complex analysis and related interpretations of accounting standards and policies.
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining or redesigning processes. Leads, supports and ensures successful execution of routine accounting projects and process improvement-oriented accounting projects.
- Supports VP, Accounting or his/her designee in establishing accounting policies and guidelines. Ensures execution of established accounting policies and guidelines across the accounting organization.
- Supports VP, Accounting or his/her designee in the mapping of people resources. Manages and leads indirect as well as direct team members, including but not limited to conducting training, goal management, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, and completing performance evaluations.
- Oversees the accounting treatment of non-routine transactions (GAAP accounting guideline changes, major changes to accounting methodologies, etc.). Prepares journal entries for non-routine accounting transactions for assigned area of responsibility as required. Reviews journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Supports VP, Accounting or his/her designee in acquisitions and divestitures due diligence, involving complex data analytics and onboarding/transition strategies.
- Oversees process around collection of information for auditors. Provides internal and external auditors with needed information.
- Develops or enhances the organization's capabilities through effective team building, staffing and development of others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related field; Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive Accounting experience related to acquisitions, energy transactions, energy derivatives, complex contract reviews, revenue recognition, leases etc. gained at a publicly traded mid-size to large company.
- Experience with developing Accounting policies, procedures, control / process narratives, and implementation of Accounting Standards (Revenue, Lease, Derivative etc.)
- Experience with payment and accounting processes and associated internal controls (quarterly and annual certifications and/or COSO framework) gained at a publicly traded company.
- Analytical, solutions-focused mindset with the proven ability to lead an accounting team or comfortable being hands on when needed.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with software and system applications (ERP, Trading, Fixed Asset, Payment etc) and ability to learn internal applications.
- Experience implementing cross-functional projects and managing Consultants as it relates to implementation of Accounting projects.
- Prior experience in the energy and/or power sector.
- BIG4 Audit experience in the energy sector as well as experience gained at mid-size to large publicly traded company.
- Experience with Oracle cloud based ERP system
- Experience with Management Discussion and Analysis, disclosure, footnotes as it relates to financial reporting.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.