* The Accessibility Center of Excellence (COE) is leading a Digital Accessibility Program (DAP) that will expand the number of properties we support within.
* We're seeking an experienced Accessibility Engineer with strong organization and communication skills to help teams and stakeholders build accessibility capability and support our overall goal to mature accessibility in the organization.
* This role reports to the DAP Lead within the Accessibility COE
*Projects the candidate will be working on: *
* The purpose of the program is to build accessibility maturity at the organization.
* At a high level our work will be concerned with identifying websites and apps that need to be paying attention to accessibility and providing teams and stakeholders with guidance as to how to integrate accessibility in their work and processes.
* Industry is not as important as working within a large organization.
* Management experience isnt necessary an individual contributor with responsibility managing accessibility for multiple digital products.
* Preferred requirements covers it well: PM experience, experience with a mature accessibility program and experience building accessibility at the organization level (not product-level alone).
* a. 5+ years of experience in digital accessibility with at least 2 years leading in some capacity.
* b. 2+ years effectively communicating the value of digital accessibility and influencing without direct authority.
* c. 2+ years experience with developing report-outs and presentation to management or similar..
*Top Responsibilities:** *
* Manage relationships with product owners and teams for impacted digital properties, serving as primary point of contact for accessibility and leading through support,communication and collaboration
* Carry out accessibility orientation and onboarding for properties identified for impacted properties and stakeholders
* Coordinate with product and assessment delivery team to ensure accessibility assessments are scheduled and completed according to plan and serve as a quality check onassessment results
* Partner with product owner and teams to assess their needs for accessibility, align goals and objectives with those of the program and the organization, establish KPIs andtrack progress
* Provide product owners and teams with guidance for how they can meet objectives for accessibility using tools, training, best practices, coaching and other resourcesprovided by the Accessibility COE
* Develop, deliver and present reporting on progress toward accessibility maturity
* Maintain awareness and understanding of the environment, groups and people in assigned business areas
* Participate in and, in some cases, lead development of tools, practices or processes used for building accessibility maturity and the Accessibility COE in general.
* Contribute to special programs to advance accessibility in the organization through preparation and delivery of activities that may include presentations, articles, training, working sessions and others.
* Take an active role in developing knowledge and skills related to the role through training, self-managed learning and participation in industry groups related to accessibility such as PMI, W3C-WAI and IAAP
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience in digital accessibility with at least 2 years leading in some capacity
* Using data and information to guide business decisions
* Knowledge of digital accessibility, testing and interpretation of results
* Ability to communicate the value of digital accessibility and to influence without direct authority
* Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and balance independent work with group collaboration to carry out objectives of the program
* Experience with developing report-outs and presentation to management or similar
* Ability to manage to timelines and escalate issues as appropriate
* Ability to remain productive and resourceful through the ambiguity and uncertainty that comes as a natural part of work in a dynamic organization
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent organization and comprehension capabilities
* Project management experience
* Experience working in an environment that has a mature accessibility program
* Experience building organizational accessibility
* a. How many rounds? At least 2 rounds plus a talk with our groups lead.
* b. Video vs. phone? Plan on video - Some may be phone.
* c. How technical will the interviews be? Mid-level for Accessibility Engineer. The role requires mid-level accessibility knowledge about testing, results and best practices but not deep, nitty gritty details. Knowledge of processes around accessibility and influencing factors will be key.
Posted 7 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago