As a residential care facility - also called a rest home -Beaven Kelly Homeprovides the best of both worlds. Our residents are free to come and go as they please, and they have the structure and reassurance of around-the-clock assistance from a professional nursing and support staff, if they need it.
We also offerrespite carefor elders, providing temporary relief for their regular caregivers.
Sets up tray line assembly, portion foods for patient trays according to patient menu selections and transport trays to patient on nursing units. Performs a variety of other related duties including loading and operating dishwashers, preparing basic food items and maintaining work area in clean and orderly condition.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the THSC Mission and core values by:
1. Prepares workstation for patient tray assembly by stocking necessary food or non-food items according to assignment.
2. Prepares patient food trays, working as part of an assembly line. In doing so, portions hot or cold foods, and dispense beverages and necessary condiments on trays in accordance with individually prescribed or selected menus. Counts and weighs food items according to established procedures.
3. Transports trays to patient care areas by use of dumbwaiter or food carts. Transport individual trays or nourishment according to patient menu selections.
4. Prepares toast, boiled eggs and other basic food items requiring limited food preparation skills according to specific directions.
5. Removes paper, trash and utensils from serving trays, and places dirty utensils and dinnerware on dish room conveyor.
6. Scrapes, sorts and stacks dishes and utensils, and places same in appropriate racks in preparation for washing.
7. Loads dishwashers according to procedure, and unloads dishes, utensils, glasses and so forth from dishwashing machine, and places in appropriate storage areas.
8. Maintains proper sanitation standards in tray line and dish room work areas by cleaning counters, tables and refrigerators, mopping floors and so forth. Keeps work areas neat and orderly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions and no previous experience plus three months or less of on-the-job training and orientation.
2. No certification, registration, or licensure required.
3. Work requires the analytical ability to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
4. Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves ordinary courtesy.
5. Work requires lifting objects weighing up to 20 pounds on an hourly basis.
6. Work requires standing for up to two hours at a time on an hourly basis.
7. Work requires ability to reach and grasp objects.
8. Work requires pushing or pulling supply carts on daily basis.
1. Requires handling of hot liquids, toxic or flammable chemicals, or contaminated materials, which requires caution and use of established safety guidelines and equipment.
1. Reports to the Supervisor, Dietary.
2. Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
The above is intended to describe the principal responsibilities and outcomes, and the associated requirements, as well as the work environment. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago