The Development Manager for our Investor Portal team will coordinate and oversee a cross functional development team of consultants delivering a custom portal solution on AWS.
Our investor portal, LP Connect, is one of our main touchpoints with our Investors and is a critical application for our Investor Relations (IR) and Fund Management teams. It plays a critical role in helping our IR team meet their fundraising goals and provide content to high level decision makers of our investors. It's also a critical data/information exchange for documents, reporting and transactions for all roles supporting our investors. The Development Manager will contribute to making significant advances in our content management, event management and reporting capabilities to drive increased engagement on the site, particularly for high level decision makers.
The Investor Portal Team embraces agile/scrum methodologies to deliver fast incremental improvements across the platform. In this role you'll work with all members/roles of the team on ensuring they're delivering the right priorities with high quality using scalable and extendible architectural principles. This individual will own and dive into the full stack of the site from our AWS infrastructure as code, through our dotnet containers, to our React front end, and many other key services that make up the platform. The Manager will also help shape and define improved levels of automation and delivery as the team continues its journey into DevOps.
Qualifications Education & Certificates
- Working with the dev team designing new services/features/capabilities on the platform.
- Working with business analysts and product owners/stakeholders to help clarify and organize acceptance criteria.
- Working with product owners/domain architects/program managers to help prioritize technical work items based on impact and helping them understand the implications of different underlying technical items.
- Work with QA to ensure appropriate test coverage, maintain test tooling and automate as much testing as possible to streamline delivery.
- Work with security and infrastructure teams to ensure we're aligning to standards and keeping things up to date and secure.
- Dive into code/infrastructure changes to help the team get things over the line during a sprint.
- Work with developers/architects on other teams to integrate data and services across the organization.
- Help the support team figure out and resolve technical user issues.
- Provide guidance on agile and how to get the most out of the team each sprint.
- Lead the charge on implementing better and more effective delivery and operational automation.
- Supervise and mentor other developers on the team.
- Work with scrum masters to prioritize audit/compliance-related backlog items in team sprint plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required.
- Concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, preferred
Carlyle's Tech Stack
- Minimum of 7 years' relevant overall experience, required.
Competencies & Attributes
- AWS - ECS, Lambda, RDS, CloudFront, S3, Networking, CloudWatch, SQS, Route53, ALB.
- Code - dotnet Core, React/JS
- Pipeline - Azure DevOps, Terraform, Selenium, SpecFlow
- Other Stuff - SQL Server, PowerBI, Auth0, Twilio, SignalScience
- Holds themselves and team members accountable for delivering their best work and making sure we're working on the highest priority items.
- Has a strong technical background and feels comfortable and motivated to dive into new technologies, products and coding languages as needed.
- Motivates and supports others on the team and helps create an inclusive team culture so everyone can feel comfortable contributing.
- Strong Commitment to principles of Agile, DevOps and Continuous Improvement.
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."
This job has expired.