The Deskside Support Analyst role performs advanced service, repair, and/or installation of computer products, including system hardware, parts management, software, and PCs. The position provides technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment and serves as the customer contact.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Performs routine and advanced computer hardware and software installations, maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment.
- Primarily provides Tier 2 level support; may provide Tier 1 and/or 3 level support as needed.
- Escalates problems and issues to a higher level of support as needed. This includes service that exceeds response time, repair time, lack of parts, or any other issue that could impact customer satisfaction.
- Processes timely and accurate information to ensure compliance with vendor warranty requirements.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
- Adheres to client policies and procedures while maintaining the integrity of the customer's data.
- Maintains and updates work order tickets in client's ITSM tool.
- Coordinates across multiple departments/vendors to provide support.
- Represents Bell Techlogix in a professional and businesslike manner and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
- Interacts with the customer when responding to technical questions or requests for information.
- Trains less experienced technicians.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; College degree in a related field is preferred.
- 2-5 years of technical or related experience is preferred. Relevant education may substitute technical experience.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience supporting handheld devices and/or mobile devices.
- Working knowledge of client's hardware platforms.
- Working knowledge of client's software and user base.
- Working knowledge of AD and SCCM (or similar software).
- Working knowledge of various versions of Microsoft operating systems.
- Working knowledge of various versions of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Knowledge of industry quality standards.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certifications obtained to perform warranty repairs, as required.
- Client-required certifications, if needed.
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel to Bell Techlogix or client site locations; overnight stays required on some occasions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain product material to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and must possess solid customer service skills.
- Maintain a professional dress code and general appearance
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk for long distances.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manual dexterity to use keyboard to input information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Company vehicle, if provided.
This job has expired.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must maintain required certification levels.
- Must maintain valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable vehicle and maintain proper insurance while employed.
- Must maintain required security clearance, as needed.