Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A Design Engineer II's main function is to provide presales support by acting as a technical consultant to the sale force, generating functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment lists to enable generation of customer proposals. This role is also leveraged by the post sales team for project engineering and or ongoing project consultation. In addition, a Design Engineer II is expected to review and validate the work of a Design Engineer I.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into functional system designs.
- Review pre-construction design and documentation.
- Provide assistance with technical design and level of effort needed by estimating hours and highlighting logistical challenges for the sales team to consider while pricing the opportunity.
- Generate functional system descriptions and block diagram
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs.
- Design wall plates and overlays.
- Assist Account Manager with labor and material estimates for projects.
- Assume ownership of project installation when required.
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculation, acoustical modeling or other data as required
- Provide on-going engineering support as needed
- Assist with project sign-off.
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product as requested.
Other duties assigned as neededSkills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Ability to program, change and troubleshoot (AMX/Crestron)
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- At least seven years of AV experience is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of AV experience plus a four-year degree or military experience may be considered
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).Physical Requirements
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
- This position does not have any direct reports
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Disabled/Veteran ProtectedVEVRAA Federal Contractor
This job has expired.