NEW!!! $20/HR Starting Rate!
Under general or direct supervision, per Iowa Dental Board rules, performs chairside duties in assistance and carries out all functions which a dental assistant is legally certified to perform as delegated by the student or faculty dentist. Performs responsibilities in an environment that includes faculty, grad and dental students.
Employee will rotate through Pediatric Dentistry clinics in the College of Dentistry, Center for Disabilities and Development, UIHC, Stead Family Children's Hospital, and outreach clinics. For a full job description, please send an e-mail to COD-Requisitions@iowa.uiowa.edu.
100% Dental Assistant II - GC25 (Merit) College of Dentistry - Pediatric Dentistry Dental Science Building (Iowa City, IA) Salary: $42,595.20 (Pay Grade: 08)
- Assist dentists and dental students with pediatric dentistry procedures ranging from examination to restorative and surgical treatment under OSHA guidelines.
- Explain/demonstrate DAU concepts and principals to dental students under OSHA guidelines.
- Explain/demonstrate procedures & appropriate oral hygiene products to patients/parents under OSHA guidelines.
- Perform a pumice (rubber cup) prophylaxis for coronal surfaces under OSHA guidelines.
- Expose/process radiographs as requested under OSHA guidelines.
- Restock supplies - under OSHA guidelines.
- Dental assist doctors and students in the provision of oral health care to children with developmental disabilities. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Dental assist RDH as needed - under OSHA guidelines.
- Under OSHA guidelines, prepare instruments for sterilizations and sterilize select instruments as required.
- Perform routine daily maintenance of the dental equipment. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Explain clinical operation policies and procedures to students, faculty and newly employed dental assistants. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Dental assist with oral sedations of pediatric patients including the use of nitrous oxide analgesia. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Set up trays and equipment for pediatric dentistry procedures. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Mix materials, pour impressions and trim models as requested. Perform duties under OSHA guidelines.
- Schedule patients, access charts, place labels on recall cards, and perform computer data updates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
An advanced starting salary may be possible based on exceptional qualifications.Hours of Work:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
May require occasional overtime.MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of an ADAA dental assistance program or two years of chairside assistant experience assisting in four-handed method of dentistry. Must have a current certificate of registration to practice as a dental assistant issued by the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners. Must possess current Iowa certificate of proficiency in dental radiography. Applicants must have the following, by time of appointment:
- Successful completion of ADAA-accredited dental assistant program or 24 full-time months chairside dental assisting experience in four-handed dental practice.
- Must have a current certificate of registration to practice as a dental assistant issued by the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners.
- Must possess current Iowa certificate of proficiency in dental radiography.
- Prefer experience with children.
- Prefer fluency in Spanish.
- Prefer knowledge of dental assisting skills.
- Prefer good communication skills and ability to communicate concepts.
- Prefer Certified Dental Assistant.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume (and mark as "Relevant File") to their submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact COD-Requisitions@iowa.uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Classification Title: Dental Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 08
- Starting Salary Minimum: $35725.68
- Organization: College of Dentistry
- Contact Name: COD-Requisitions@iowa.uiowa.edu
- Contact Email: COD-Requisitions@iowa.uiowa.edu