About the role
The Demand Planner will be responsible for delivering accurate demand plans to support seasonal spikes in demand, promotions, new product introductions, and partners with a broader cross-functional team to optimize customer service. In addition, the Demand Planner will balance operating costs and inventory while supporting the execution of corporate business objectives and strategies.
What you will do
- Review Master Data to determine correct inputs and analyze forecast accuracy based on historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results to develop accurate forecasts.
- Collaborate with Customers, Sales, Business Unit Leaders, and Supply Chain and Production Planning to optimize operating costs, inventory and service levels (order fill rates) and other related metrics.*
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).*
- Facilitate forecast and inventory planning meetings with Business Unit Leaders, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions). *
- Monitor SKU performance and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives.
- Builds and manages demand plan such that it drives best total cost through the supply chain and delivers targeted service levels for customer segments.*
- Conduct SAP maintenance to include new product/distribution set up, proportional factor maintenance, discontinuing items, create forecast profiles in ERP/APO and maintain profile assignment documents.*
- Be an integral part of the change management process to help bring business excellence to the demand management process within the company.
- Utilize Excel to run BW reports and import SAP data in performing ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Meet daily with Planning Team to discuss key in-stock and inventory issues, focus areas for the week and extended timeframes.
What we are looking for
This position requires an individual with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, or related field.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of SAP-ERP and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience including knowledge of best practice demand forecasting techniques, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP/SIOP), collaborative forecasting/planning with customers, integrated supply chain management concepts, up and down stream supply chain variability
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and aptitude.
- Financial acumen, passion to drive continuous improvement
- Proficient in demand planning and inventory management practices and definitions such as MAPE, Forecast Bias, Safety Stock, Fill Rate, Carrying Cost, and other Key Performance Indicators
* Duties and responsibilities considered to be essential functions of the position.
**EEO/Affirmative Action Employer #CB
Who we are
HuFriedyGroup is the dental industry leader in infection prevention solutions, premium instrumentation, and service and support programs that help dental professionals be the best in practice. As the dental division of Cantel, HuFriedyGroup encompasses a vast array of brands and products, integrated together to deliver full service and support - a complete circle of protection - to dental practices around the globe. We are dedicated to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness, and social responsibility. Our core values and well-defined culture are evident in daily life at HuFriedyGroup and continue to shape the success of our business. Please visit us at www.hu-friedy.com