In the US market, we are a leading provider of investment consulting, plan design and record keeper benchmarking services as well as a leader in the provision of delegated (OCIO) services. Mercer has over $2.5trn in DC assets under advice and over $60bn in multi-manager DC assets under management globally. We are seeking to aggressively expand these institutional services across market segments into individually focused financial services and solutions via our financial wellness platform.
Mercer's Wealth practice is looking for the following position based in the Chicago office:
Defined Contribution Consultant
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Serve as the lead consultant and advisor to a book of defined contribution clients with plans between $25M and $300M in assets
- Support clients on an ongoing basis with respect to plan investments, plan design and fee benchmarking, recordkeeping vendor management, fiduciary governance practices and employee engagement strategies
- Retain and grow a book of business by developing long-term mutually beneficial relationships with clients and decision makers within your existing client base; and other Mercer lines of business
- Serve as the subject matter expert on a variety of defined contribution topics, and ensure clients and prospects are aware of the various ways Mercer can support their initiatives including plan design consulting, investment advisory services, and delegated OCIO services.
- Conduct plan document/SPD, operational and compliance reviews as needed; demonstrate strategic plan design knowledge of DC retirement plans
- Oversee RFP/RFI marketing process, strategy and transition; present RFP/RFI marketing results to client
- Champion Mercer services, drive new and expanded business efforts across business unit within client base
We will count on you to:
- We are the globalleader in the Health, Wealth and Career business. We deliver innovative solutions that address the needs of our clients, their leaders and their employees.
- As part of Mercer, you will have access to the strongest industry leaders in topical HR issues, work with a team that is best in class, and you will have the MMC brand behind you.
- You will work with local, national and global teams to meet your client's needs. Coordinating the best resources for your clients to help solve their needs.
- Using the Mercer brand, you will tell the Mercer story to other organizations around the geography that could benefit from Mercer's services. Introducing the best thought leaders from Health, Wealth and Career.
- Through regular engagement with clients and other colleagues you will have the opportunity to learn, grow and enhance skills that will allow you to develop your career proactively.
What you need to have:
- Develop business plan with clear objectives and goals, planning for medium- and long-term client and growth requirements and communicate to leadership
- Exhibit solid understanding of the defined contribution landscape, anticipate and uncover client needs and create a scope of services around those needs.
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of all client work
- Ensure consistent compliance and professional standards into all business development and work processes including transparency and peer review for team/projects
What will make you stand out:
- 8-10 years or more experience including a demonstrated track record of providing investment advice and solutions for retirement plans
- A strong understanding of the defined contribution landscape including fiduciary topics, investments, plan design trends, administrative practices, employee engagement and retirement readiness trends, and the broad range services providers
- The ability to contribute to the development of new ideas and ways to solve client problems and make team more efficient at local and zone level
- A track record of building intellectual capital for business development and client delivery;
- Strong presentation skills; Polished, professional countenance.
- Experience with 403(b) - Non-Profit Organizations and 457 - Government plans
- Demonstrated experience in a client management role, able to handle client inquiries on a day-to-day basis, professional attitude, able to evaluate issues, objections, operational and plan design issues; excellent personal, telephone and communication skills, etc.
- Experience conducting seminars for clients and presents at conferences, effectively communicating a point of view and thought leadership
Mercerbelieves in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business ofMarsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 78,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $18 billion. Through its market-leading businesses includingMarsh,Guy CarpenterandOliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visitmercer.com. Follow Mercer onLinkedInandTwitter
Marsh McLennanCompanies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.