This job has expired.
Job Posting Title:
Dean of Kinesiology & AthleticsLocation:
Los Rios Community College District (American River College)Department Location:
Kinesiology & AthleticsPosting Number:
Founded in 1955, American River College (ARC) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
The College has an outstanding record for academic quality and is among the top community colleges in the state for transferring students to the University of California and California State University systems. The College offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve a career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business and Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing, and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. The College seeks individuals who share our mission of placing students first by providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The College seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive practices and serving the ARC student population. Faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in the ongoing development of their professional skills. The College thus supports employee engagement in a broad range of trainings, workshops, and activities such as the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the Classified Leadership Academy. Also, faculty and staff regularly participate in trainings offered through the College's Center for Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology Center.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Dean of Kinesiology and Athletics performs duties in the administration and supervision of the instructional area including, but not limited to, instructor assignments; staff development; class schedules; facilities utilization; staff evaluation; curriculum development and evaluation; budget recommendation and oversight; preparing reports (such as Title IX); administration of day, and extended day, weekend and summer offerings.
In addition, the Dean of Kinesiology and Athletics is responsible for the administration of the intercollegiate athletic programs for men, women, and non-binary individuals including implementation of the policies and procedures of California Community College athletics as governed by the Commission on Athletics in the Community College in the California Community College League of California, by the LRCCD, and by the procedures specific to American River College.
American River College is committed to employees:
● Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion.
● Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individuals and their cultural competence.
● Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
● Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy of our care, time and energy.
● Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others' perspectives and lived experiences.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Providing oversight to the area's instructional programs.
● Promoting student success and improved student learning outcomes.
● Providing leadership and assisting faculty in the development and administration of grants and fundraising opportunities.
● Serving on or chairing college governance project teams.
● Serving as the ARC representative for the sport conferences.
● Coordinating oversight of home sporting events.
● Providing leadership and supervision to the area's classified employees including the trainers and athletic attendants.
● Serving on the Dean's Council.
● Fostering a completion culture which encourages degrees, certificates, job preparation and transfer.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
12 monthMinimum Qualifications:
1. Have a master's degree* from an accredited institution completed by January 1, 2022.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators' in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook.Application Instructions:
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
3. Letter of Interest
4. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Salary:
$136,580 to $147,838 annually. LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary Information:
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.Posting Date:
NoBeginning and/or Ending Dates:
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about January 1, 2022.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions:
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Quicklink:
Posted 43 minutes ago
Posted 43 minutes ago
Posted 43 minutes ago