The DBE Manager will develop and maintain a professional relationship with GDOT. The candidate will, on day-to-day basis report to the SMC's Project Manager; providing and provide monthly compliance reports to Dragados USA Corporate Compliance Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for project-level DBE compliance with all relevant contract requirements
- Perform monthly audits in order to confirm the certification of each DBE and to confirm that each DBE is performing a Commercially Useful Function on every phase of its subcontract and Report issues of non-compliance to the Project and the Corporate Compliance Office
- Ensures that the work performed by each DBE subcontractor is relevant to what is listed on the DBE's current certification
- Updates the project's DBE participation plan as necessary and submit the amended plan to the Project Manager for approval
- Aware of change order activity and modifications to DBE subcontracts and account for such changes on the applicable participation plans and progress reports
- Verifies that each DBE uses its own equipment, and that appropriate use of equipment and/or operators is properly accounted for
- Verifies that each DBE's workforce is employed by the DBE and properly accounted for on its payroll
- Prepares the required periodic progress reports for the approval of the Project Manager
- Implements the DBE Engagement Plan by developing and supporting the Outreach Program
- Attends local areas DBE meetings, outreach events, conferences, etc.
- Monitors DBE subcontractor and vendor status and payments
- Collects and retains all required DBE data in order to prepare and submit monthly and quarterly DBE reports to the Client
- The DBE Manager demonstrates good faith efforts toward the establishment and implementation of processes and procedures that ensures the success of the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program on this project.
- Develops Commercially Useful Function (CUF) Affidavits for DBE firms
- Conduct monthly meetings with project management to monitor efforts to meet DBE goals
- Conduct job site visits to monitor DBE efforts for each project and address any issues needing corrective action
- Prepare and Filing (or assisting Project Managers in preparing and filing) Monthly Utilization Reports, where required, attesting to progress toward DBE goals
- Discusses contract irregularities with the Project Manager and with the Corporate Compliance Department
- Maintains accurate records and statistics on DBE utilization for monthly reporting to the Corporate Headquarter Compliance Department.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project and Subcontractors comply with all relevant laws, rules, regulations and contract provisions governing the DBE program.
- Conducts applicable monthly payment data reports analysis, reviews for accuracy
- Reviews all agency requisition requirements for goods, services and capital related contracts to establish DBE participation goals
- Troubleshoot any problems involving DBEs during project management
- Alert company management about any DBE performance or compliance deficiencies
- Keep up with evolving DBE laws, requirements and regulations
- Develop coordinate and conduct DBE Training for all relevant company staff
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on each project s progress toward goals, as well as overall company performance of its DBE Program
- Prepare and file requests to agencies for waivers of goals, as necessary
- Update DBE Utilization Plans, as required, during project performance
- Conduct trainings regarding DBE Program and meet with agency representatives to discuss progress toward meeting goals, make recommendations, and track the implementation of recommendations;
- Prepare Performance Improvement Plans to agencies that do not meet a minimum required utilization goal
- Host follow-up meetings with each agency to discuss performance and determine initiatives agency should undertake to improve utilization
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least five years' experience in the areas described above.
- 5+ years' experience
The Candidate must possess a working knowledge of the Federal, state, local laws and regulations that pertain to DBE compliance, including construction practices and contracts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)