Why you'll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what's good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Your chance to transform businesses with Data: DataOps Engineer / Consultant
We're on a mission to help our clients unleash the full potential of the public cloud - and we're hiring a new DataOps Engineer / Consultant to make that happen. If you are passionate about driving customer outcomes using best-in-class Data solutions and creative problem solving, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
As part of our Cloud Transformation Team, you will work closely with a cross-section of Softchoice's most innovative experts and architects. From designing insightful Data Visualization, to having the tactical know-how to put the pieces together, you will lead the way on a storytelling illustration of a client's data and the path for their future.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Delivering excellence: Developing, testing, and managing Data cloud native and 3rd party tooling and automation technologies, delivered through code, templates and scripts to ensure top-quality client experiences, delivered with consistency and efficiency.
- Leading by collaboration: Working with software developers, application architects, QA engineers, and operations teams to deliver on - and exceed - client expectations. You will also team up with SME's, practice leads and vendors to fine tune our strategy and overcome obstacles to adoption at every step.
- Evangelizing the New: You aren't just deeply familiar with cutting-edge concepts and technologies. You know how to tailor your insights to customers, occasionally working onsite with customers as a consultant to explore their needs to provide a compelling vision forward.
- Walk the talk: End to end design, deployment of and usage experience for data services in customer environments; on-premises, hybrid, or cloud
- Define the possible: Architectural design, implementation, or proof of concept projects
Why people love working here:
- Expert-level understanding as a Data Engineer, with the ability to articulate so.
- Good understanding about DevOps culture, methodologies, coding, and automation.
- Extensive architecture and design experience with secure, complex applications across various data sources and multi-cloud platforms.
- Highly proficient in distributed computing principals and familiar with key data architectures, technologies, and best practices.
- Has extensive experience designing solutions leveraging a diverse assortment of data sources.
- Proven experience driving results with relevant technologies and methods, strong familiarity, and knowledge of cloud platforms such as Google Cloud.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in an Agile environment.
- Data migration experience from legacy systems such as Hadoop, Exadata, Oracle Teradata, or Netezza
- Experience with Data Lake, Data Warehouse ETL build and design
- Experience in the following areas is an asset:
- Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, BigQuery, Firestore, GCS
- Looker, Data Studio, Data Fusion, Tableau, and other data visualization technologies
- Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataprep, Apache Beam
- Integration Services: Data Factory
- SQL Server
- Database tuning and optimization
- Apache Spark
- Bonus points for having multiple related certifications for GCP, Azure or AWS
- Preferred: Google Professional Data Engineer certification
- Bonus points for at least 3 years of relevant experience designing and implementing Google Cloud data services (i.e., Postgres, Cloud SQL, BigQuery).
- Bonus points for at least 1 year of relevant experience using and managing DevOps tooling, monitoring, infrastructure-as-code and automation tools. (Relevant technologies include: Azure Monitoring, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios/Zabbix; New Relic, DataDog; Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, ARM Templates, CloudFormation, Azure DevOps / VSTS, Jenkins, Codeship, Travis and so on).
- Great communication and consultative skills, with the ability to occasionally work onsite with customers and be able to present technically advanced topics to large groups of people with confidence and impact.
- End to end ability to chart a strategy and identify the solution, while also being able to deliver it and support the client through adoption and maturity
- Experience working in professional services and/or software engineering for clients in a provider to client relationship. Bonus if experience in a consulting firm.
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 16 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging
. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview and employment accommodation
during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to email@example.com. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all candidates and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education and check your references.:
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
#L1-DG1Nearest Major Market:
Apply now "
This job has expired.