Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
The candidate will join a growing team as a civil engineer ready to act as a technical leader Dams and Hydropower market for the US West region. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self starter, capable of providing design input for multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate will have the desire to develop clients and help foster growth in the Dams & Hydropower Group for GHD in the US West. Knowledge of the dams and hydropower industry and the applications of civil engineering and how it pertains to dams, conveyance, penstocks, and spillways is required. This position will require input into proposals and technical reports and therefore a strong writing ability is desired.
Your primary role as the Dams and Hydropower Structural Engineer will require:
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in dams and hydropower engineering
- Time management skills, including preparation of budgets, work programs, proposals, tenders, technical submissions and reports
- A commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe workplace
- Completion of tasks for multiple projects within budget, to committed programs to support the timely completion of projects
- Contribution to the preparation of successful proposals to clients• Strong technical leadership in civil engineering projects as it pertains to dams and hydropower • Delivering successful project outcomes • Active participation in client relationship management, business development, development of proposals, reports and technical analysis
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in engineering, with a minimum of 2 years experience in dams and hydropower
- Licensed PE, with the emphasis in structural design, in the state of CA or means to obtain license in 6 months. CA SE a plus
- Developed skills and understanding of dam design or rehabilitation and hydropower structures like conveyance, spillways, penstocks, etc.
- Technical competency in technical writing with computer sills using MS Office Suite
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams
- Providing a diverse range of projects including feasibility studies, design and construction support for new build and improvement projects
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
This job has expired.