Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Production Lead to join our team located in North Haven, CT.
The Production Lead is responsible for managing the production activities of the facility to ensure that all internal and external customer demands are met for cylinder gases.
Production Lead - 1st Shift
- Ensure plant operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner on 1st shift
- Remain compliant with all external regulatory agencies including FDA, DOT, EPA, OSHA, DHS, as well as all Linde policies and procedures
- Schedule production of cylinder gases to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Maintain stocking levels of finished product and raw materials to ensure production requirements and lead times are achieved
- Monitor and schedule raw material deliveries as needed
- Drive productivity throughout the operation to maximize plant capabilities and operational efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring the proper appearance, image, and security of the facility and equipment
- Responsible for providing proper job training and supporting employees in career development and growth opportunities
- Supervise personnel on a fair and consistent basis to help foster an atmosphere where employees are motivated, informed, and empowered to do their jobs
- Manage employee activities in conjunction with company policies and procedures
- Effectively conduct accident/incident investigations in accordance with company policy
- Timely and accurate completion of all required reports, which may include product inventory, cylinder inventory, expense reports, financial reports, KPI reports, payroll, ACMS Work Orders, etc.
- Complete performance reviews prior to the employee's merit review date
- Support inter-company and route truck distribution of products to help ensure efficient, timely, accurate, and professional delivery
- Interact professionally with internal and external customers
- Assist in implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required or as revisions or changes are made
- Monitor asset usage and recommend cylinder purchases and/or increases to inventory as business demands change
- Conduct monthly safety meetings as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science preferred; high school diploma/GED required
- 1- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Production/distribution experience required; industrial gas industry or equivalent experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of cylinder gases and processes of each
- Knowledge of all regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, FDA, DOT, OSHA, and EPA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft applications, Lotus Notes and CU
- Strong organization skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.