Customer Solutions Manager
Domtar Packaging is a new chapter in our 170 year legacy. We are entering the containerboard market with the conversion of our Kingsport, Tennessee, paper mill. This will be our first one hundred percent recycled containerboard manufacturing operation with over 600K Tons of annual capacity. Kingsport is the first of four potential conversions.
The containerboard market is an exciting new market that directly aligns with our expertise of turning fiber into useful products.
You will be encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership of customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of Domtar Packaging to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customers challenges through new ideas, processes, and systems.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Sales and Marketing Packaging business, the Customer Solutions Manager, will be responsible to lead the customer service organization. S/He owns the Customer Lifecycle for our valued customers, beginning with customer onboarding and implementation, through adoption and enablement, and renewal. A successful CSM builds impeccable relationships and is highly skilled at achieving trusted advisor and customer advocate status. The CSM owns and works closely with the Sales Team designing and executing customer success plans to ensure our customer objectives are truly met, and accountability for renewals.
This individual should be a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can guide, inspire, coach, and mentor customers, but who is also capable and willing to get deeply involved in day-to-day tasks. In addition to focusing on customer satisfaction and guaranteeing renewals, the Customer Solutions Manager must also have a long-term perspective and vision as the trusted advisor and primary escalation point for existing customers.
The incumbent will lead efforts to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our service delivery model, ensuring work systems are in place to drive long-term sustainable solutions.
This position will collaborate with sales, finance, marketing, operations, manufacturing, and logistics to achieve organizational goals such as improving service, creating competitive differentiation and reducing cost. Responsible in providing frontline leadership and coaching a team of 2 Customer Service and 1 Planning rep.
Critical Competencies & Skill Sets :
- Coach and develop team by providing development plans, one-on-one coaching and other forms of engagement to drive continuous improvement in Inside Sales and Customer Service.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of customers, products, and services to provide data-driven decisions for prioritization, exceptions, and trade-offs.
- Measure and monitor product flow through the entire supply chain (forecast, supply planning, production, inland and export transportation, inventory management to customer receipt and consumption for vendor managed consignment customers).
- Solve complex problems utilizing analytical and influencing skills, while using as opportunity to mentor others through knowledge transfer.
- Assign and monitor workload, acting as coach to drive continuous improvement mind-set, with objective of strengthening customer relationships and delivering service at the lowest possible cost.
Required Professional Experience/Qualifications :
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, working closely with manufacturing and logistics
- Understanding of customer contribution and profitability
- Motivation for sales and a mindset to win
- Strong independent initiative
- Time management
- Ability to coach and lead a team
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with continuous interruptions
- Strong relationships with internal stakeholders and the ability to influence without authority
Preferred Professional Experience/Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related
- Working knowledge of containerboard process flows
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Business and financial acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proactive mindset
- Strong positive leadership capability, demonstrated by progressively greater scope and authority
- Minimum 5+ years in supply chain, customer service, experience in an inside or outside sales team environment
- Sales experience
- Experience working in a CRM such as salesforce.com
- Ability to leverage technology, where appropriate, including CRM adoption, SAP, MES, Trim planning tools and virtual selling practice
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.