Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: Responsible for delivering high quality service on every entry of referral laboratory test results into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and timely communication to other supporting departments by varying means. Information is typed into the LIS using varying applicable formats ensuring accuracy and timely reporting to the healthcare provider. Responsible for performing any assigned clerical duties. Adheres to department policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality of work.
- Accurately enters all required information presented on the referral laboratory report into the CPL LIS system in the appropriate format.
- Provides accurate and timely information to supporting CPL departments, clients, and patients.
- Prioritizes entry of older reference laboratory reports.
- Full range of administrative duties to include but not limited to answering phones calls, email requests, general clerical duties such as filing, organizing, and storing data, and requests for test information or test results.
- Uses applicable LIS documentation on every accession requiring action or follow up along with client notification information.
- Understands and recognizes LIS alerts and flags and takes timely and appropriate action.
- Investigates pending results on a structured and regular schedule which may include interfacing with reference laboratory staff or using the applicable reference laboratory electronic established systems.
- Interfaces with referral processing and other laboratory personnel to solve issues.
- Accurately enters all required information from the CPL or client EMR requisition into the LIS and is able to discern and apply timely corrective action.
- May act as a resource for others who require assistance and training.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures related to data and test information.
- Recognizes personal limitations and challenges and seeks appropriate guidance from supervisors or managers when needed.
- Effectively utilizes departmental resources.
- Demonstrates efficiency by performing procedures rapidly and with critical accuracy.
- Manages time appropriately and strives to meet departmental goals for accuracy and completion times.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
- Able to adapt to changing work environments and schedule changes to meet the needs of the department and company.
- Able to utilize and maintain office equipment, which includes ensuring paper is in all the fax machines, printers, and copy machines several times a day. Able to recognize when applicable cartridge needs to be ordered and replaced.
- Able to troubleshoot and clear paper jams, equipment malfunction, and to call or involve the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains an orderly and neat work space.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote successful relationships with management, co-workers and clients.
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with customers and co- workers.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to clients and patients.
- Strives to maintain a positive and harmonious work environment.
- Follows all company policies and procedures, for example, but not limited to safety, attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality.
- Enthusiastically performs miscellaneous or delegated duties with completion in a designated time frame.
Integral component of the quality of laboratory services by providing accurate information upon which multiple processes are based. Performs result entry into the LIS requiring basic computer skills such as keyboards, monitors, printers and fax machines.
Performs regularly scheduled and organized pending review and troubleshoots appropriately.
Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Adheres to
all laboratory policies and procedures. Effectively and professionally communicates via written,
face-to-face, telephone and computer methods with managers, co-workers and clients. Ability
to work as a team member in a production oriented environment.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.Education:
Minimum-High School diploma or GED
Preferred- Medical Assistant/Medical Terminology TrainingExperience:
Result and/or data entry experience in a healthcare setting, preferably a laboratory.Skills:
Minimum-typing skill of a minimum of 50 wpmReporting Relationship:
Reports to assistant supervisor or other designee.Physical Demands:
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time at a result entry station using keyboards, monitors and other peripheral laboratory equipment. Requires the ability to shift points of vision and focus from documents and the monitor. Requires manipulation of tools, objects, boxes and equipment
using the following physical motions: pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, reaching above shoulder height, grasping with one hand or both, extensive typing, twisting and reaching. Routinely requires coordination of two or more physical operations. Requires the ability to hear audible sounds via a headset or telephone handset.Environment Demands:
Works in a temperature controlled environment. Works in a small, noisy environment. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and crisis situations.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.