$1,000 Signing Bonus*
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative to play a pivotal role in helping to support excellent customer service, customer retention and new customer acquisition. As a Customer Service Representative , you will serve as a main point of contact for our customers by handling inbound and outbound sales and service related calls which involve resolving issues, determining customer needs, offering appropriate products and services, closing sales and maintaining accurate customer records.
• Handle a high volume of incoming calls ensuring customer service quality, efficiency, and accuracy at all times
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Suburban Propane products and services, customer account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service
• Utilize a proactive sales approach with every customer interaction to uncover additional sales and service opportunities
• Present a professional, confident and enthusiastic image to develop trusting relationships with all customers
• Effectively manage customer account data which includes setting up new accounts and maintaining related data
$19.00 - $22.00 (dependent on experience)
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer service role
• Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
*Signing bonus to be paid in installments
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!