This job has expired.
Computer World Services is seeking a Content Associate to support the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) with information technology services support for the National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) Program.
NPIN, at its inception was the CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse, and designed to facilitate the sharing of information and resources among individuals, organizations, and networks working in HIV prevention, treatment, and support services. Today, NPIN remains an important source of CDC and partner information and resources, serving professionals dedicated to the prevention of HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB. Most NPIN products and services are accessible by the public via digital channels including web and social media.
Project objectives include information technology support services for the NPIN Program to:
(a) Support CDC and NCHHSTP efforts to provide timely information and resources to prevention partners through innovative approaches to knowledge/information transfer to improve public health practice.
(b) Connect partners in public health through collaborative communication, innovative technology solutions, and customer service.
(c) Provide Web-based online databases, information resources, and online technical assistance to support CDC divisions and state, tribal, and local health departments.
(d) Support and apply innovation using digital channels to enhance connection among and engagement with prevention partners and stakeholders to maximize health impact of NCHHSTP’s programs
Our team will provide CDC with required scientific, technical, and operational services, to provide information technology database support services for NCHHSTP. The candidate will support efforts providing services to implement the NCHHSTP NPIN program by executing work in the following areas: A) IT Operation and Maintenance - For NPIN to continue to provide web-based online databases, information resources, and innovative collaborative tools supporting the operation and maintenance of IT systems. B) Integration Services - To continue to provide innovative technical solutions, integrating new technical components into the existing NPIN system including the integration of technical components, information technology components, and documentation. C) Digital Government - services are needed to provide public health professionals and the general public access to NPIN organizational and material databases through digital and electronic means. D) Software Development - NPIN requires the development of customized database applications, and web 2.0 applications.
The successful Content Associate will be able to support tasks including: Task 2 – Digital Media Channel Development & Enhancement; Task 3 - Database Development, Analysis, and Maintenance; Task 4 - Special Data Products; Task 5 - Accessibility Review and Remediation; Task 6 – Usability and User Experience
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
General Description of Duties
1. Understand the scope and purpose of the CDC NPIN project and promote its customer service capabilities to clients
2. Conduct internet searches, review websites, and make necessary phone calls to verify information to the different organizations that are part of NPIN or that are going to be included in NPIN
3. Review, update, and improve existing information for all databases, as assigned, accurately and consistently adhering to all guidelines and procedures.
4. Eliminate or combine duplicate information and inactivate information that have ceased NPIN related services
5. Identify and create new organizations, materials, or funding opportunities for entry into NPIN databases
6. Perform daily administrative duties such as timesheet completion
7. Participate in meetings and on special projects as assigned by project manager
8. Ability to search, validate, and enter information in database systems.
9. Experience in the effective use of databases, word processing and excel spreadsheets
10. Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
11. Ability to responsible handle multiple tasks involving numerous changes simultaneously
12. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
13. Maintain a working knowledge of basic HIV/AIDS, STD, and TB issues and terminology
14. Comply with data integrity and security policies
Education & Experience
* Community College/Associate Degree or other. Experience in information collection and data entry
* Industry certification consistent with position (desired)
* Candidate must be a US Citizen
* Must undergo Public Trust Background Investigation check
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Work will be performed primarily at telework location
* Some local travel to meetings and briefings may be required in Washington DC Metro Area or Atlanta, GA
* This is a part-time position with approximately 16 hours per week
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
DoD 8570.01.M: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf
Posted 34 minutes ago
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted 33 minutes ago
Posted 33 minutes ago