Concessions Associate - 500091
The Concessions Associate is responsible for receiving, shipping, inspecting, stocking, and distributing inventory for a variety Concessions locations, and completes inventory reports. The Concessions Assistant is the lead for volunteer groups during large events and may assume operational responsibility at smaller events.
In the assigned unit, this position may perform some or all of the following:
- Counts, receives, and verifies all deliveries against invoices to ensure accuracy. Examines and inspects stock items for wear, defects, damage, or unsafe handling. Reports all discrepancies.
- Manages daily cleaning, stocking, and organizing for all equipment, storeroom, and concessions booths. Stores stock items according to established procedures.
- Monitors and records temperatures of foods stored in refrigeration and heating equipment to ensure safe temperatures.
- Counts daily, weekly, and monthly inventories, and generates orders.
- Maintains all required logs, records, and files.
- Assists additional Dining Services operational areas, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Distributes and organizes all event supplies. Performs hands-on work for event set up.
- Assumes operational responsibility for small events, to include food preparation and cash management.
- Supervises events:
- Assigns and delegate operational assignments to non-profit volunteer groups.
- Monitors offsite food contactors for event preparation, event operations, and event closing. Manages vendor contracts during events.
- Operates point-of-sales system to conduct cash, credit card, departmental charges, and SpiderCard transactions. Follows established cash-handling procedures.
- Maintains established health, safety, and service standards.
- Solves problems and ensures smoothly running operations.
- Represents the University and Dining Services as a positive public relations officer.
This position requires long periods of standing and walking, and the ability to lift 50 lbs., in conditions that are often, hot, humid, or cold. Must be able to safely use and operate typical kitchen tools and equipment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, on occasion. QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate knowledge of food quality standards, safe food handling practices, and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory management systems; ability to learn new software programs.
- Thorough knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Skilled in using effective time management to accomplish tasks.
- Skilled in reading and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and to work calmly and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one years' experience in a large scale concessions venue.
- Safe food handler certification preferred, or certification obtained within one year of hire. (This is dependent on the assigned unit.)
- Part-time, non-exempt position
- Schedule varies, follows athletics events calendar; this includes nights and weekends
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations, is required to be available to the University as needed.
Pay Grade 1 (Rate starting at $15.00 per hour) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.