Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
Job Role Summary
The Compensation Consultant assists with the development, implementation, analysis, and maintenance of the organization's compensation philosophy. This role will assist in identifying opportunities to improve existing programs and processes and develop and analyze innovative approaches to address needs, providing consultation to influence decision making and knowledge sharing across the organization. The Compensation Consultant monitors and audits pay practices to ensure compliance with policies, guidelines, and wage and hour laws. This position conducts job analysis, survey participation, reviews benchmarks, and performs market pricing analysis.
***This is a hybrid position; providing the flexibility to work from home, as well as working in office***
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the design, implementation and administration of compensation plans and may be responsible for the maintenance of supporting software application.
- Participates in salary surveys to collect and analyze information; gathers data, determines appropriate matches, and submits information to the third-party survey administrator
- Develops, writes, edits and clarifies job descriptions assuring compliance with various standards and regulations; reviews and updates job descriptions upon request
- Maintains centralized job description database by uploading new descriptions and removing duplicates and outdated material
- Responsible for determining the appropriate surveys to effectively market price benchmark jobs.
- Works closely with Talent Acquisition staff to determine appropriate pay for internal and external candidates on a daily basis
- Assists Talent Acquisition team with matters and inquiries pertaining to compensation guidelines and practices
- Maintains Compensation Desk Reference guide and ensure all documents are kept up to date
- Assists Compensation/HRIS Manager with compensation projects; this work may involve complex analysis of large data sets to provide comprehensive recommendations for all jobs across the organization
- Conducts job evaluations for new positions to determine appropriate salary grade; evaluates and analyzes market data, determines FLSA status, and maintains appropriate documentation regarding the review
- Maintain compensation inbox ensuring inquiries and requests are addressed timely
- Responds to internal inquiries which may include ad-hoc market pricing requests, analysis of compensation issues, internal equity reviews, classification requests and special pay analysis.
- Assists in the annual performance appraisal preparation and process
- Participates in leadership series sessions by presenting an overview of compensation guidelines and processes
- Provides advice, guidance and training to leaders, managers, employees, and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of the organization's compensation programs and policies
- Maintains HR metrics, and other requested data while working directly with the HRIS team.
- Works closely with HRIS Consultants with data entered into SuccessFactors and coordinates data processing of workflows and testing of system changes
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four (4) years' human resources experience requiredOR
Five (5) years of experience in Human Resources, with demonstrable knowledge of Compensation and HRIS systems and processes in healthcare may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Three (3) years human resources and HRIS experience with knowledge of compensation practices and laws preferably in healthcare
- Market pricing and survey submission experience strongly preferred
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or CCP is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on process improvement, efficiency, and the ability to identify and execute creative solutions
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio; ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize work and remain flexible to changing demands
- Knowledge of application trends in HR, experience monitoring, managing and auditing HR processes for compliance with federal, state and local laws and labor agreements is required
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women, and Forbes list of America's best midsize employers' Eskenazi Health's programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women's Health, just to name a few.Nearest Major Market: