Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Philadelphia or Washington, DC office:
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- You will participate in employee-facing communication engagements across industries
- You will develop and deliver communication strategies, communication plans, and associated deliverables that articulate client objectives, advance an employee value proposition (EVP), contribute to behavior change through the transmission of information and sharing of employee feedback/emotions (change management), and/or increase employee engagement
- You will perform some project management duties, including developing and maintaining project plans; overseeing budgets; coordinating team activities; participating in/facilitating meetings; and other associated tasks
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developingsolutionsfortoday's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- The opportunity to contributeintellectualcapital and leadership as part of the global leader in human resources consulting
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Create, review, and edit customized human resources communication materials for targeted audiences utilizing MS Word and PowerPoint, and writing for digital communication platforms (HR portals, virtual benefits fairs)
- Implement communication strategies and work plans by creating project deliverables, and applying and implementing applicable knowledge obtained through experience and research
- Interact with clients on a regular basis by answering questions, handling edits or changes, and providing requested materials over the phone, via e-mail, or by attending client meetings (remotely initially, possibly in-person post-pandemic)
- Coordinate appropriate reviews (compliance, technical, editorial, client, vendor, etc.) and resolve complex and unique issues raised during the review process to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the materials, escalating difficult issues to project managers and senior consultants as appropriate
- Assist Senior Communication consultants with project management and production coordination on large, complex assignments
- Leverage work, when appropriate, to other resources (other analysts, administrative assistants, graphic designers, etc.) and provide guidance for accomplishing work and meeting performance standards
- Support business development activities by assisting with proposals and sales presentations
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree in English, business, communication, journalism, human resources, or related field of study
- At least 2 years' experience writing corporate internal HR communications, such as compensation, benefits, and policies, and/or applicable experience
- Ability to operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills, with proven expertise in technical, marketing, and persuasive writing
- Oral presentation and client relationship skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in a professional services or consulting firm
- Experience writing change management content to communicate career-related policy changes
- Experience with web content development
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to build internal partnerships in order to be effective in the role
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female, Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity employers.