The Children's Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children's hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children's hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children's Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities on a nursing unit. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient-focused activities. The patient-focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Basic patient care skills required
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
• Ability to interact professionally with patients, families, physicians, and fellow Associates
• Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Patient care experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
• Current Texas Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is required
• Current BLS (American Heart Association) is required
Per Diem As Needed