Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Licensed technologists must have a current & active license (CLS/MLS/MLT certification and/orCHT/CHS) in one or more of the following areas: Generalist, Molecular, Immunology, Histocompatibility. Dependent upon what area of the laboratory the technologist shall work, the technologist shall be proficient in assays/methodologies including, but not limited to: ABO typing, Nucleic Acid Testing, serological assay (EIA, ELISA) and Histocompatibility testing. The CLSis expected to execute both manual and automated test platforms.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Education Qualifications:
- Follow laboratory procedures for handling and processing of sampling, test analyses, reporting andmaintaining records of patient results.
- Follow prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculate the results of the tests performed, if necessary.
- Accurately enter results of testing, as needed.
- Issue accurate test results, if trained.
- Operate, calibrate, conduct performance checks, and maintain laboratory analyzers or equipment, as necessary.
- Recognize and correct basic analyzer malfunctions. Notify supervision/management, when appropriate.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, reagents and materials.
- Evaluate media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria.
- Prepare reagents and/or media as per prescribed procedure.
- Conduct established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluate results of quality control, and implement corrective action(s) when indicated.
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accept or reject test results in accordance with SOPs.
- Orient, mentor and/or teach new employees and/or employees that require cross-training on clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance, HIPAA and Safety standards.
- Adhere to all testing turnaround timelines.
- Meets basic expectations of DPT's quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
- Document all corrections and/or corrective actions when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specification.
- Support Eurofins DPT's business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics.
- Represent laboratory and the organization favorable and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in performing tests, documenting test results and maintaining patient, client, employee and laboratory business confidentiality.
- Other duties as formally assigned by laboratory Management.
- Participate on special project teams a requested by laboratory Management.
- Bachelor's (BA or BS) degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- The appropriate State License to perform clinical laboratory testing in which the laboratory is located.
- In California, must be licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Employee must provide a current copy of the license to laboratory Management.
- Responsible for maintaining licensure and continuing education as required per licensing agency and/or State.
NOTE:License is mandatory for the role
; the loss of licensure or failure to renew the license will result in an unpaid of leave of absence or termination (to be determined by laboratory Management).Work Experience Requirements:
The Ideal Candidate would Possess:
- Previous experience in Transplant Testing is not required.
- General knowledge of assay theory and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology.
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology.
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures.
- Ability to make accurate observations and records oftest results.
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Potential Environmental Factors:
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as a strong keen attention to detail.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal/ teamwork skills.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with computers; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software programs including accurate keyboarding skills.
- Internal & External customer-centric Skills.
- This laboratory carefully maintains all hazardous materials. All employees must abide by EurofinsDPT's Safety and Exposure procedures. This includes using the provided safety clothing and equipment.
- For a list of potential chemical hazards, see appropriate SDS sheet.
- The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position is full-time working the 3rd shift working 4 (10) hour days per week
. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Ramon, CAare encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Please be aware that this role will require access to a site that requires COVID-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Prior to starting work in this position, employees must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Exemptions will be granted as warranted by medical contraindications, disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.