Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated
The selected candidate will be offered a pay rate based on prior industrial experience, but not less than $16.96/hour to start.
The candidate hired in this position will be eligible for a $1,000 retention bonus, payable after the completion of 90 days of service with the Company.
The Chipper Grinder will grind and clean castings to correct defects and/or prepare surfaces for further finishing, using industrial air tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Remove products or workpieces from production equipment
- Select production equipment according to product specifications
- Mount materials or workpieces onto production equipment, utilizing cranes and hoists
- Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications
- Mark defects such as sand holes, cracks, and splits for repair
- Record operational or production data
- Maintain tools and equipment in good, working condition, and conduct regular inspections as required
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Adhere to all safety regulations
- Work with team leads and other team members to improve processes
- Perform other related or non-related duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Ability to follow directions and standard work procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior experience in manufacturing operations preferred, but not required
- Successful completion of TB Woods PIV/Forklift License training and certification might be required upon hire
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles, and exposure to weather elements and heat. Some work stations require use of a respirator. The incumbent may be required to work in a "booth" during most of their shift. Work Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50lbs, standing for long periods of time, good hand and finger dexterity, and ability to lean, bend, twist, and reach. The incumbent would need the ability to see at a close range and the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle. The incumbent would need the ability to withstand the use of vibrating tools for extended periods of time. Power/air tools may include (but not limited to) the following: Cup Grinder, Cone Grinder, Burr Grinder, Air Chipper, Chipping Hammer, Chipping Gun, Saw.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.