Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR Ã¢â€šÂ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins TestAmerica, Inc. is searching for a ChemistI in Pittsburgh, PA
The ChemistI prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins Eurofins Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.
Chemist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
o Preparation of samples using standard techniques
o Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
o Calculating data
o Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
o Performing routine instrument maintenance
• Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
• Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
• Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
• Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
• Aliquots and weighs samples
• Washes glassware
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
• Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
• Can work independently following written or verbal instructions
• Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
• Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
o Organic preparation
o Metals preparation and analysis
o Gas Chromatography
o Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
o Radio Chemistry
o Wet Chemistry
o High Resolution preparation and analysis
o Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time, Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh, PAare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• BS or BA in chemistry or related field (minimum of 16 credits in Chemistry);3 years related laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
• Laboratory experience is a plus
• Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posted about 2 hours ago
San Antonio, Texas
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago