You are a flexible, focused multi-tasker who likes working indoors or outdoors. You enjoy a fast-paced environment where your team counts on you to be organized. You like doing different tasks throughout the day, and operating a fork lift is something you enjoy (or want to learn how to do)! People have commended you on your attention to detail, and you are always vigilant on the job site. You're looking for a job that provides extensive training and room for growth!
As a Chemical Operator you will be responsible for treating waste liquids in reactors according to instructions on batch sheets. You will also be responsible for offloading and washing out tanker trucks. Operators are responsible for operating the filter press to remove the solids from the liquids that are being treated. The removed solids are treated separately and neutralized by the Chemical Operator. This position is also drives a forklift (training provided) to move supplies throughout the plant.
Day in the Life:
After clocking in and grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Attend the morning safety meeting
- Meet with your supervisor to review daily tasks and safety measures
- Begin the day's paperwork
- Assist staff and drivers arriving at the facility
- Receive, review and sign off on manifests
- Ensure all paperwork is coded correctly
- Analyze material coming in
- Interpret regulations for material
- Convert shipping documents
- Offload drums, boxes, totes, etc. in an organized and safe manner
- Operate a forklift and/or loader
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Excellent computer and data skills
- 1 year of general labor experience preferred
- Comfort wearing a respirator as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.