What you'll do...
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Obtains and renews multiple state pharmacist permits/registrations/licenses and trainings as necessary, in appropriate
time-frames, to meet applicable board of pharmacy regulations, payer requests, or internal needs for the provision of services to patients.
Drives business and utilization growth in multiple retail pharmacies; collaborating with market and regional management teams; developing action plans to achieve utilization and cost per prescription goals and initiatives; and ensuring the effectiveness of inventory, production, and distribution.
Drives financial performance by ensuring that facility budgeted goals are achieved; directing managers on budget-related issues; developing, reviewing, and monitoring plans to correct deficiencies in financial performance; and providing guidance and assistance to managers on the analysis of volume trends and operational needs to ensure budgets meets future expectations.
Drives overall direction by analyzing business objectives, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Optimizes cost per prescription by managing workflow capability; conducting business planning; balancing forecasted volume with scheduled payroll hours; and managing individual key performance indicators to ensure associate productivity.
Ensures compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and company policies (for example, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)) by maintaining awareness of applicable laws, regulations, and policies; assessing current practices and procedures; making operational improvements to ensure compliance; overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance; providing training and guidance on the execution of company procedures and policies; and directing managers and associates regarding continued HIPAA compliance.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by training, mentoring; assigning duties; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Manages front and back-end operations for the Walmart Health & Wellness Non-Store Operations Pharmacy by monitoring pharmacists' licenses and certifications; assisting in pharmacy training; managing clinical services; supervising pharmacy managers, supervisors, and associates to ensure optimal workflow; and evaluating and responding to retail pharmacy service and satisfaction issues.
Establishes relationships with retail pharmacies and providers serviced by the Walmart Health & Wellness Non-Store Operations pharmacy to promote company initiatives, increase market utilization, improve patient services, and reduce cost per prescription.
Maintains and grows professional relationships with health care vendor partners by understanding the scope of the pharmacy automation and changes in health care; and responding to the needs of pharmacies and company initiatives. Recruiting, attracting, and hiring health care professionals; maintaining relationships with Health and Wellness management; and ensuring associates and managers devote time for continuing education.
Maintains inventory levels to maximize prescription fulfillment by monitoring on-hand levels and prescription trends; and collaborating with Home Office Replenishment to forecast current and future needs of Walmart Health & Wellness Non-Store Operations pharmacy.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying retail pharmacy and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Ensures associate awareness and compliance with company ethics standards; promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others; and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or PharmD and 4 years' experience in pharmacy; including 2 years' experience in pharmacy management.
Current, unrestricted pharmacist license in state of practice.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Current, unrestricted pharmacist licenses in multiple states of practice., Retail or mail order pharmacy
2501 PERRY RD, PLAINFIELD, IN 46168-7418, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!