Associated Retinal Consultants, P.C.
Position: Cash Application Specialist
The Cash Application Specialist posts insurance and patient payments to the appropriate account in the ARC Practice Management System. Balancing of daily deposits to Practice Management System reports. Strong focus on accuracy of numbers and calculations while utilizing the most efficient processes to be a highly productive team member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Cash Application Specialist is responsible for all electronic and manual posting of cash payments for patient's accounts in the ARC Practice Management System. Maintain accurate patient accounts and update consistently.
* Cash Application Specialist applies zero payments and denials to all accounts when appropriate.
* Process refunds, prepare documentation for Accounts Payable and post refund checks to accounts when received.
* Maintain positive office relations with ARC employees at all locations and with business contacts i.e.: insurance company representatives, ARC patients, collections agency representatives and others.
* Proactively identify and resolve any patient questions and concerns from telephone calls, emails or correspondence via ARC email account.
* Acts as a resource for the clinics to field questions and assist on fixing accounts.
* Expert skills in Practice Management and other software/electronic systems used at ARC.
* Working knowledge of ARC Electronic Medical Records system.
* Provides consistent, excellent customer service.
* Provides supervisor and Administration with reports as required.
* Travel to other ARC locations as assigned.
* Responsibilities may be dependent on specific location and not required of all employees in that position.
* Performs all other duties as assigned, which may include assisting in other departments within Associated Retinal Consultants and at other locations
* High School Diploma or higher.
* Must have experience with ICD-10 coding, insurance terminology and ability to read an Explanation of Benefits. Must have a general understanding of CPT Codes in order to post accurate payments.
* High rate of accuracy and proficiency with use of general mathematic problems and basic accounting skills.
* Proficient keyboarding skills, knowledge of database systems, payor websites and comfortable with electronic email systems.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong oral and written communication ability.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others (teamwork) and provide superior customer service to patients.
* Must have outstanding telephone communication and customer service skills. Must be courteous and professional.
* Must be efficient, reliable, goal orientated and adaptable to change while maintaining productivity levels.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple priorities.
* Must be Team oriented.
Reports to: Reports to Revenue Cycle Manager. All employees report to the company Administrator and Physician Partners.
Directly Supervises: Not applicable
Work Schedule: Varies, but typically Monday through Friday. Potential for Saturday work hours depending on
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
* Minimal physical activity (standing, bending, sitting, walking, pulling and lifting) for most of the work shift.
* Clean office environment.
* Low potential exposure to body fluids with direct patient contact.
* Possible hazardous chemicals.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
Please do not contact the office directly - only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.