Coordinates negotiates, procures, and manages resources to support the care of complex patients and to facilitate the achievement of quality, cost-effective care. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff internal and external to the organization to ensure efficient utilization of health care resources including but not limited to: acute, intermediate, and chronic care services, specialty programs and services, utilization of health care personnel, and material resource. Participates in quality improvement and evaluation processes related to the management of patient care across the continuum.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Utilization Review- current system Interqual
- Transition planning - includes coordination of care and participation in Multidisciplinary rounds wirth focus on efficient use of resources
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations integrates new knowledge into daily practice.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise, give input into annual evaluations, and disciplinary actions of technical staff.
Salem Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment, and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.Qualifications
- High degree of skill in written/oral communications and personal interactions. Demonstrates agility in a continuously changing fast paced work environment. Demonstrates computer competency. Ability to complete daily job responsibilities within normal hours by moving rapidly through the hospital and physician offices. Must be able to perform the essential job functions, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis. Culturally competent. Valid drivers's licensed and reliable automobile.
- Three or more years of clinical experience in a health care delivery system.
- Completion of an accredited Nursing or Social work program.
- Current Nursing or Social Work License in the State of MA is required.
- Case Management, Home Care Discharge Planning experience
Salem Hospital is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.