If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Information Technology has an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Business Systems Analyst collects data and provides analysis to assist in the development of technology plans and strategies to enhance overall performance, reduce costs, and increase efficiency. The incumbent in this position analyzes established operations, systems, methods, practices, and procedures to evaluate their effectiveness and ultimately make recommendations of new processes and procedures. The Business Systems Analyst integrates people, equipment, facilities, and other resources to improve work results, operating efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
Department Specific Functions
As member of the Rapid Application Development team, the Business Systems Analyst is part of a high-performing, innovative, agile team that delivers robust, secure, leading-edge technology and is responsible for intake and requirements gathering related to configuration, integration, customization, testing, training and post deployment support. As a Business Systems Analyst, this position will work alongside system administrators, developers, and technical architects to design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions. Solutions leverage products such as: Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, OwnBackup FormAssembly, Mogli, ScheduleOnce, Marketo, SUMO Scheduler, DemandTools, Five9, Knak, Zapier, Hyland OnBase, CBord CSGold, CloudCard, EMS, Rave and more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the intake business process for operational and strategic demands.
• Responsible for the review, analysis, evaluation processes, system requirements, end user needs and business requirements gathering for systems.
• Responsible for understanding the business and assisting non-technical users in defining business needs.
• Documents business requirements, process workflows and any other results of business analysis gathering and obtains sign-off from the users on specifications.
• Communicates the business directives, goals, and needs to the technical teams and manages user expectations on systems project priorities.
• Understands the long-term business objectives and suggests strategies to meet those objectives; introduces innovation to business processes through Salesforce and related systems technology if appropriate.
• Assists with meetings for all levels of management with the purpose of presentations, reviews, approvals of recommendations, etc.
• Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality solutions.
• Demonstrate Agile behaviors that emphasize collaboration, delivery, reflection, and improvement.
• Proactively support the uplift of Agile practices and foster a culture of continual service improvement.
• Creates user stories and acceptance criteria to express requirements.
• Works with other UMIT areas and systems/business analysts and project managers on joint projects as necessary.
• Prepares and organizes testing such as functional testing and user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Assists with project and department budget activities and reconciliation.
• Assists with day-to-day operations including release management, record maintenance, data cleansing, record deduplication, create reports/dashboards.
• Mentor student employees/interns by sharing best practices.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Certification and Licensing:
International Institute of Business Analysis Agile Analysis Certification - IIBA AAC (preferred).
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
O Includes any combination of the following: enterprise system end user (CRM, marketing automation, etc.), system configuration, business analysis, project management, process improvement (preferred).
• Higher education business processes (preferred).
• Agile background (preferred).
• Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills both oral and written.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Commitment to the University's core values.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce (preferred).
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 15 hours ago
Posted about 15 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago