ECS is seeking a Business Financial Manager to work in our Arlington, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
Individual will provide program control and financial analysis services in support of advanced Department of Defense (DoD) research and development programs. The successful candidate will work directly with government customers in a dynamic, multi-function team made up of technical subject matter experts, program and financial analysts, contracts administrators, government testing and experimentation personnel, and project managers to support the advancement of the current state of the art in a wide range of technology thrusts. This individual will need to demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, have financial management experience in support to previous DoD customers, have educational experience in basic business, finance, accounting and economics, and have the ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing R&D environment with a positive, team oriented attitude.
- Bachelor of Science or Art
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- Providing programmatic, financial, and administrative support for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) program managers
- Drafting DoD financial documents such as Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) and working with DoD financial systems including Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI)
- Providing document management, program planning, solicitation preparation, scientific review evaluation boards planning and support, conference planning, preparing presentations and reports, and general office coordination/management
- Preparing and/or reviewing financial documents, tracking program commitments, obligations, and expenditures, and contractor monthly reports and monitoring contractor performance
- Developing reports, briefings, program and contract documents
- Analyzing performance metrics and programmatic documents to ensure contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met, providing programmatic and financial analysis of contractor schedule, and assisting with performance analysis and reporting
- Administering and tracking multiple program and seedling contracts, and multiple other government agency and services tasks including financial oversight, monitoring program milestones and assisting with document preparation and coordination.
- Responsible for managing program and performer documents via internal network drives and external SharePoint sites.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Business, Project Management, and/or relevant field.
- DARPA experience with a demonstrated knowledge of budget management and financial processes, contracting requirements and project management
- Team player with the ability to work in a Federal government client environment and positively interact with clients, contractors, and other DARPA support personnel on a daily basis
- Experience in organizing and facilitating large program meeting and conferences
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and show flexibility, initiative, and innovation in dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented, and strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/Power Point
- Experience working classified programs and in SCIFs
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.