ITT is seeking individuals to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, start-up environment to launch new sustainable products to market with accelerated commercial success. Flow machines (pumps, fans, compressors) are one of the largest consumers of energy on the planet and account for approximately 35% of global electricity consumption. ITT is developing new technologies in electric motors, power electronics and smart connected devices that reduce energy of flow machines as much as 50%. You will part of the founding team of this new EMD Initiative with opportunities to grow into key leadership positions.
The Business Development Manager, Strategic Initiative will be responsible to identify, develop, and generate new business opportunities with potential clients. S/he is responsible for strategy, implementation and management of all business development activities. This position will require cultivation and consultative selling to multi-national industrial customers at the executive level. The ideal incumbent will take a lead role to win clients for new products focused on sustainability in the field of electric motors and drives. There will be 3 Business Development Managers and these positions will be remote.
- Identify and research potential clients
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Work with potential clients to identify equipment for pilots
- Coordinate and assist in the successful implementation of pilots
- Coordinate and assist with client stakeholders to get new products approved
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives
- Travel to client sites and tradeshows as needed to win new business
- Assist in developing sales strategy for new products
- Assist product and marketing teams in developing marketing content
- Travel < 50%
About the Company:
- S./M.S. degree, in engineering, business or related field
- 5+ years in B2B sales or business development role
- Demonstrated ability to sell to industrial customers at executive level
- Familiarity with the industrial markets, electric motors and variable frequency drives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Headquartered in Stamford, CT, ITT Inc. has employees more than 35 countries and sales in approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2021 revenues of approximately $2.8 billion and has 10,000+ employees around the globe.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a workplace defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. ITT was also awarded the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award which distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
(2021 Revenue of $850M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 30 countries) designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $1.4B; headcount of 4,700; operates in 12 countries) designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive, rail and defense markets; Connect and Control Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $550M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 10 countries) designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
This job has expired.