The Business Development Manager (BDM) East is primarily accountable for maximizing sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned Territory by effectively selling the company's products and services and/or related products/services, including assigned partner offers, synergy offers, and distribution of partner offers. Goals of this role are to grow sales via individual and collaborative efforts with Absorption Systems' Commercial Team to drive revenue generating opportunities by finding new, potential customers and ultimately converting them into clients. The BDM is responsible for identification of new customers, as well as presenting service and/or product options/solutions in a timely manner to customers.
In this role, the BDM is expected to demonstrate success from strategic and measurable actions to prospect for new clients by primarily networking and cold calling, as well as visiting prospective customers to generate interest for Absorption Systems' products and services. The BDM must demonstrate the ability to deliver persuasive pitches that are effective for convincing potential clients to do business with Absorption Systems. In addition, the BDM must develop rapport with new clients and work with the Account Manager to provide customer support that will continually improve the relationship. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, and it is the BDM's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company from the Territory. Thorough knowledge of the market is required; including knowledge of Absorption Systems product and service offers, and of Absorption Systems competitors.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree in a relevant, science-related field plus 1-3 years of relevant Contract Research Organization sales experience required.
- Strong understanding of the principles of drug discovery and development
- Ability to identify target customers, markets and services that matches the company's capabilities.
- Experience in inside sales and cold calling
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and initiatives with ever-increasing responsibility and sustained growth.
- Demonstrate ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Recognized by others, internally and externally for strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM management (Salesforce) software.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
Eventually, expected travel associated with position is 60-75% of the time and may change with industry/business demands. Benefits
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.