The BMS Technician is responsible for all aspects of field coordination of controls projects.
- Coordinate and manage multiple automation installation projects.
- Consult with Project Manager regarding scope additions and deductions, priorities and deadlines.
- Review contract documents and reconcile with RFIs, and project correspondence regarding approved additional scope to determine what scope should and should not be executed and confirm with the Project Manager.
- Supervise subcontractors including prioritizing work to meet intermediate deadlines, authorizing, directing, tracking, and documenting additional work.
- Devise solutions to complete portions of scope required to permit subsequent trade work to commence on time.
- Coordinate (and document) with other trades and the General Contractor regarding devices, locations, installation requirements and functionality of system components.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company, clients, subcontractors, and other trade contractors.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Perform necessary point to point check-out, commissioning, diagnostic, and maintenance procedures on building automation systems, front-end workstations, servers, electric and pneumatic controls.
- Troubleshoot and repair building automation system panels, including communications equipment, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- Efficiently edit computer programs for building automation system points such as determining conversion patterns, defining point acronyms, and/or soliciting alarm specifications from operating personnel.
- Implement energy conservation measures by utilizing and/or modifying the existing building automation system features i.e. mathematical computation and environmental controls.
- Maintain project related documentation including but not limited to commissioning documentation, daily reports, as-builts and status reports.
- Plan, organize and carry out assigned job responsibilities within established time parameters.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in Junior technician evaluation and training
- Continuously seek to improve knowledge of required job skills and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Minimum 3-5 years field experience in the HVAC controls industry including DDC Systems commissioning, software integration operation, calibration, and experience with pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge of Automated Logic commissioning tools and field circuit debugging skills preferred.
- Understanding of the construction industry with emphasis in mechanical/electrical fields.
- Abile to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WebCTRL, AutoCad, various operating systems.
- Proven track record of completing jobs on schedule, being self-motivated and achieving full customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a technician who works well in a team environment and is also able to work independently with minimal supervision. Our BAS Technicians must be self-motivated and have superior decision making, problem-solving, and negotiation skills. They must also be skilled at planning, scheduling, and meeting deadlines. Our technician positions require excellent customer service and client relations skills.
Salary range: 60K to 110K depending on experience.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package. As a leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction, facilities services, and energy infrastructure, EMCOR Group is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability income, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) Savings Plans, and employee assistance and wellness programs. We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Control Solutions Group, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Control Solutions Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine. EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.