Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, system integration, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a BMD Software Engineer Lead to be based in our Mt Laurel, NJ office. S/he will work with senior leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to implement and maintain a robust and advanced development pipeline. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this role.
We are looking to add an experienced Software Engineer to serve in a lead role for Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD). S/he will be responsible for BMD software planning and development related to Automated Test and Retest (ATRT) automated test and analysis applications. Prior experience with the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), particularly Aegis BMD, is preferred.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Maintain the BMD Software Release Plan
- Maintain the software development branch and merge plan
- Coordinate the tasking of BMD Software Engineers
- Support bug burndown and CRB
- Represent BMD at Core software meetings
- Develop, maintain, and execute Core software acceptance and BMD release testing procedures
- Coordinate testing and deployment of BMD releases
- Update and deliver Version Description Documents (VDDs) to stakeholders with each release
- Support customer meetings
- Software architecture design
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Experience with complex systems and a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures
- Experience in application development with Java or C++
- Experience in application development in a Linux or Windows environment
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency working with different SW development tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Nexus, Git etc.)
- Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10%
- Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and/or Aegis BMD requirements development, integration, test, and analysis experience
- Experience using and/or creating automated test and analysis applications
- Proven experience working with complex software systems
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization and planning skills, including attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.