Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This position will measure binding of small molecule drugs to target molecules using biophysical techniques including SPR. Duties will also include:
- Buffer preparation
- Uploading data to internal database for use by project team members
- Timely recording of all experimental findings in adequate details in eLN
- Sending out summary sheets and present findings at team meetings
- With advice and training from group members, learn other biophysical methods (ITC, DSF, MST) to monitor binding of small molecules to target proteins when appropriate
The successful candidate will work towards improving theoretical knowledge and practical skills of the field and advancing research into diseases with a focus on the patient.Qualifications
- B.S. with 3-5 years of related experience in a biophysics or biochemistry lab, or M.S. with 1-2 years of related experience
- Experience in biochemical, biophysical or cell-based assays
- Experimental design
- Basic instrument troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience analyzing cellular, biochemical activity, and/or SPR data
- Familiarity with curve fitting and assay validation
- Written and oral documentation and presentation of experimental details and results
- Willingness and desire to learn new techniques and share learnings with team
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Design of screening, dose-response, and/or kinetics experiments with small molecules
- Biophysical assay development, especially SPR
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, MAare encouraged to apply.Initially, these activities will be carried out at a site in Waltham, MA, then transfer to a site in Cambridge, MA (relocation anticipated towards the end of 2022). Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays