With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The BioinformaticsScientist is primarily responsible forprogramming and applied statistics in support of data analysis plus newassay/method, design,and validation efforts for product development.
This is afull time position, workingMonday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PMwith overtime as needed.
Please note we are moving to a new facility in February 2022and this position will be relocated to Lenexa, KS.
Essential Job Duties:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Providebioinformatics support for R&D projects requiring programming, handlingomicsdata and statistical analysis of clinical data.
- Work closely and effectively withBioinformatics leadershipto ensure that R&D projects are progressing, and milestones are achievedpursuant to organization and/or client timelines
- Communication effectively with both internal and external clients regardingtechnicalissues/projects
- Write verification/validation reports and SOPs in accordance withViracorEurofins' established guidelines
- Serve as team member on various ongoing and future new test idea generation projects
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with clinical laboratory team to allow effective, coordinated assay transition from the R&D phase to clinical use
- Develop an effective working relationship with Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance to assure R&D laboratoryis in compliance withViracorEurofins' established guidelines for documentation, quality and safety
- When appropriate, conduct regular individual meetings with R&D Scientists that focus onbioinformatics requirements relatedtheir respective responsibilities and project priorities
- Communicate program objectives to cross-functional teams (clinical laboratory, regulatory teams)
- Commitment to a high quality of work and at the same a high level of productivity
- Maintain current knowledge of advances in pertinent fields.
- Regularly contribute to laboratory team meetings that focus on associate training, associate development,and continuous improvement in laboratory processes
- Preparation of poster presentations for nationalscientificmeetings
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Active participation in team and company meeting
- Other dutiesas assigned by management
- Master'sdegreein Bioinformatics,Biostatistics or Computer Sciencerequired
- 3+ years of relevant work experience OR PhD in lieu of experience required
- Understanding of frequentist statistics,statistical analysisoflaboratory validation data and poweranalysis.
- As appropriate, communicates with clients within project meetings or independently via email or phone
- Strongprogramming skills in languages such asPython, Cand C++,and ability to work in Linuxand Cloud-computingenvironment.
- Experience withcode optimization and containerization (Docker) is highly desirable
- Experience of working with NextGgenerationSsequencing datais highly desirable
- Published records to represent above skills
- Problem solver
- Demonstrated proven experience in managing complex projects, ability to succeed even with challenging projects, appreciation of priorities and critical factors.
- Substantial technical writing: protocols, study reports, regulatorycommunicationsand manuscripts
- An innovative and prepared mind to identify and protect unique intellectual properties is a bonus
- Commitment to and track record of high quality of work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other groups
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Viracor Eurofins is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters on the basis of an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Physical Requirements:
Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
www.eurofinsus.com .Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.