Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at .
Performs all operations to prepare and plate parts. Maintain the highest quality standards by following Praxair Standard Practices in all aspects of this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews traveler and technical plan to confirm production requirements.
- Prepares parts by using fixtures, masking, or blasting.
- Verifies all required tank parameters.
- Monitors and maintains process solutions.
- Tests solutions for proper resistance, PH, platinum concentration, and specific gravity.
- Maintain process solutions within approved operating limits.
- Process parts through the solutions adjusting the electroplating power supply to the correct voltage.
- Calculate process time for proper thickness of coating.
- Remove parts from tanks, rinse, dry and de-mask parts according to tech plan.
- Verify parts conform to required quality characteristics utilizing XRF or weight gain.
- Prepare furnace tooling and raw materials for vapor phase coating cycles.
- Assembly of coating pans, part placement, and furnace checklist.
- Perform visual inspection of all parts.
- Maintain tooling, equipment, and logs to assure production readiness.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Part preparation includes both auto and manual blasting in a contained cabinet.
- Part masking using slurry masking applied via semi-automated syringe.
- Other Duties Assigned
Quality responsibilities are contained in Praxair Biddeford QSP-01, and other Praxair technical documentation. Follow all relevant quality procedures contained in the PST Biddeford Quality System procedures, Standard Practices, Technical Plans, and Repair Station manuals. Other Duties:
Maintain safe, clean, and hazard free work area. Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, plating experience desired, but not required. Skills:
Ability to complete task in a timely manner. Must be able to read and understand complex instructions and technical specifications. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.Physical Requirements:
Occasionally must lift up to 30 lbs. frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation. Occasional stooping, crouching. PPE: Safety Glasses, ear plugs, steel toe shoes, gloves, face-shield, and chemical apron. Requirements and recommendations are located in PST Biddeford Standard Practice SME-MF-422 Work Environment:
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Work areas are split between air conditioned and non-conditioned areas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.