Merakey is currently seeking Behavior Technicians to join our Education Services within the Children's and Family Division in Greensburg, PA.
Our name, Merakey, is inspired by a modern Greek word, meaning to put something of yourself into your work, or to do something with soul, creativity or love. This concept illustrates the compassion and integrity that underscores everything we do.
As a Behavior Technician you will work one-on-one to support and assist a student with autism, including support and assistance in the use of medical equipment such as augmentative communication devices; activities of daily living; and monitoring health and behavior.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Providing one on one ABA therapy for children with autism either at home or in our school/center
- Understanding and implementation of children's program books
- Implementation of the child's IPOS, assessment goals, and behavioral/crisis plan
- Completion of required documentation; including daily behavioral and program data and parent communication
- Completion of progress notes for every billable contact
- Daily preparation for sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Note: A Behavior Technician may provide support to more than one student, but not at the same time.
ABOUT MERAKEY'S CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES DIVISION
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
The Merakey Children and Family Services Division focuses on a continuum of care throughout the lifespan. The core, fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) are incorporated into a specialized approach across all service offerings. This division is supported by a senior management team of highly qualified professionals that provide training, supervision, guidance, and support to each of our specialized programs. This team is comprised of decades of expertise in education, autism, and behavioral health experiences.
Merakey opened their very first Licensed Private Academic School for students on the Autism Spectrum in the fall of 2005. Since inception, the Education and Autism Services have grown across the state of Pennsylvania providing support for all individuals across the lifespan.Services include:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Childcare/Pre-K Readiness
- Licensed Private Academic Schools
- In-District Specialized Classrooms
- Therapy Services
- Stepping Stones Plus
- Adult Autism Services
- Adult Autism Housing Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit: www.educationandautism.merakey.orgABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!APPLY TODAY
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com
Job Opening #: 63915Requirements
This job has expired.
- Minimum of a high school degree is required
- 6 months of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred
- Experience working with children with autism is preferred