GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Baker - $20.00/hour
Bear Mountain Inn, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring a Baker.
Pay: $20.00/hour, part time
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- Additional discounts on various products and services
- And more!
The Baker prepares, mixes, and bakes ingredients to produce all baked food items for the unit. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter, according to recipe.
- Cut, peel, and prepare fruit for pie fillings. Bake and decorate cakes, pastries, breads, or other baked goods.
- Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and related baked products.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.