Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for all operations for L3 and L4 processing. This includes evenflows to freeze tunnel area(s). This includes providing leadership and directing plant employees in their assigned duties and are expected to seek ways to maximize plant performance in the area of plant recoveries, productivity, volumes, first pass packaging and sanitation while meeting all company quality and sanitation standards. Decisions are routinely required for correction of problems and improvement of operations.
Individuals in this position must:
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures, leading by example. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Teamwork with other departments including Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Warehouse, Maintenance, and other Production Leads.
- Control various operations to assure proper steps are taken to remain in compliance with USDA and FDA food laws and company policies.
- Assures product is produced in food safe manner, free of FM. Communicates any FM findings with TL in timely manner and works to determine source.
- Knowledge of the function and basic operating characteristics of each piece of equipment under his/her control for proper quality and grade of the product being produced and packaged.
- Communicate recommended adjustments to operators and line settings to maintain the highest level of productivity.
- Responsible for proper training of personnel to assure that operators recognize discrepancies and make adjustments and/or repairs prior to any loss of productivity occurs.
- Communicate all problems/challenges to theappropriate Team Leader.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's, leading by example.
- Wear required PPE.
- Activelyparticipate in AMD activitiesin area.
- Enter notifications into SAP.
- Work as Partner with Process Maintenance to deliver consistent reliability with processing equipment.
- Monitor Processing Performance, communicate excessive stops or reliability risks, track completion of FSIL / CIL, and follow up when forms not completed.
- Validate all operator checks completed and filed in computer as required.
- Continue to act in operator capacity on line 3 with oversight of both lines 3 and 4 as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader.
- When not functioning in this role as Back Up Production Lead Line 3/4, will be working as a General Laborer.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Be trained and qualified as an operator in area's this position will lead.
- Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Employee must beLock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Forklift Certification is required. If not,employeemust meet requirements to become forklift certified.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Mustbeable to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)preferred.LanguageSkills
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85db.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
- May be occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
This job has expired.
- Will work around forklift traffic.