Our Hartford, CT office is looking for a dynamic Senior Associate to join our Assurance practice.
As a part of the team, you will work directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. CohnReznick will help you grow and develop your career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and are the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing work papers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements, footnotes, and work papers.
- Demonstrating professional creativity in dealing with client matters and making constructive suggestions to improve client operations.
- Effectively analyzing client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducting appropriate research, and working closely with managers on resolving the issue.
- Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures.
- Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers.
- Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable.
- Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
- Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners.
- Developing a professional relationship with the client serving as the primary point-of-contact.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to one of the largest professional services firms in the US
- Network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Creative culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- Team of professionals motivated by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
What you will need:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days of Paid Time Off
- Flexible work environment
- Free on-site gym
- Metro accessible
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years' audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Extraordinary client service and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems experience a plus
Look ahead, imagine more and consider joining the CR team to begin making a difference!
- A highly dedicated professional with ambitious credentials and passionate about new challenges and growth opportunities?
- A great teammate who believes in providing best-in-class client service and passionate about becoming immersed in various industries?
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community?
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.