Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking an Associate Systems Engineer to be based at our headquarters in Arlington, VA.
The successful Associate Systems Engineer candidate will be responsible for developing IDT's MBSE-based automated test and analysis capability for tactical systems and subsystems supporting DOD platforms and communication systems such as Aegis, E-2D, SSDS, CEC, Link-16, CCS, MQ-25, and P-8 Poseidon. Prior experience with MBSE methodologies, development & test processes of complex systems and embedded software is beneficial.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Execute software life-cycle processes including requirements analysis, architecture definition, software design, code and test for the development of automated system testing capability
- Create and maintain SysML artifacts to model system behavior
- Support development of MBSE technologies and processes through research and prototyping
- Work with small cross-site teams of software and/or systems engineers
- Identify and manage risk associated with technology development programs
- Support structured process improvement activities
- Prepare and deliver contractual deliverables
- Execute development efforts to cost and schedule targets
- Interface with customers for technical and programmatic items
- Support business capture and proposal development opportunities
- Less than 5 years' experience in engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Ability to perform the logical and systematic conversion of customer or program requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Ability to work closely with Lead Developers, Program Managers, Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering/Model Based Software Development using SysML or UML
- Experience using Rhapsody and/or MagicDraw/Cameo (MagicDraw/Cameo preferred)
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience with DOD or complex commercial software product development
- Experience with the development of processes and tools used to support analysis and test of product functionality and performance during development
- Experience using architecture frameworks like DoDAF/UPDM/UAF
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management tools
- System integration and test experience for complex software applications including experience with software testing tools (commercial or bespoke applications)
- Knowledge of Air Force and Navy testing programs, practices, and assets
- Experience with Air Force and Navy aviation platforms
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Be capable of working independently, but thrive in a team environment
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.