Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
With over 30years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical,biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an AssociateScientist, Product Chemistry to work in Columbia, MO.
Staff Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Use a diverse range of analytical methodswith minimal supervision and using prescribed procedures (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.) to support product chemistry studies such as physical properties, batch analysis, method development/validation, water solubility, vapor pressure, storage stability. etc. for the agrochemical, consumer products, pharmaceutical, and specialty chemical industries.
- Independently able to use and perform basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks, while learning to perform routine and non-routine maintenance
- Perform calculations associated with analytical techniques including stock/standard solution preparations and linear regression using internal and external standards in quantitation.
- Utilize knowledge of theory, and/or operation of, a variety of analysis instrumentation, particularly LC-UV, LC-MS/MS, GC-FID, GC-MS, ICP-MS, and IC.
- May function as Study Director on method development, installation, validation and/or other standalone chemistry projects and/or serve as Principle Analyst in support of product chemistry studies.
- Responsible for development and work on studies under GLP guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of data collection, review and reporting.
- Monitors study procedures to ensure data accuracy and report quality.
- May function as a supervisor in a limited capacity.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Minimum of 2years' experience with one or more of the following analytical techniques:LC-UV, LC-MS/MS, GC-FID, GC-MS, ICP-MS, IC.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, orequivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major).
- Minimum of 2years of experience in a directly relevant or demonstrated comparable competency and skill attainment is required.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- Experience in a GLP environment preferred.
- Experience in a CRO environment is preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime and some weekend shifts required as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MOare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch