Expected Travel: More than 50%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine-At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. We equip clinicians with some of the most advanced medical devices on the market today, from our world-class brands including:
• LMA® and Rüsch® airway management devices designed to help reduce the risk of airway-related complications
• Arrow® pain management products designed to improve patients' post-operative pain experience
• The Arrow® EZ-IO® System that helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency vascular access, and
• QuikClot® and QuikClot Control+® hemostatic devices, used by hospitals, EMS, and the military for hemorrhage control in a broad range of bleeding situations.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers advanced medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This Dallas-Fort Worth position is an entry-level medical device Sales position intended to fill two primary roles.First, it is a preparatory / learning role intended to groom the incumbent to take on a full territory as a Sales Representative in our Emergency Medicine (EM) team. Second, it provides as-needed support to assigned Sales Representatives within a sales region, adding high-quality support to existing reps. Beyond directed support to existing sales representatives, the associate representative (ASR) will potentially be assigned to cover vacant territories for an extended period of time due to but not limited to short term disability, FMLA, or illness. It is understood by incumbents that the intent of this role is developmental, and it is understood that the associate representative must remain open geographically in order to be promoted to any territory that opens across the US.
Critical roles and responsibilities include Interfacing with medical advisory boards, economic buyers, and clinicians -- particularly emergency medicine physicians, paramedics, EMTs and nurses in both the pre-hospital and acute care hospital space. This position sells and promotes Teleflex's portfolio of emergency medicine products, including our life-saving Arrow® EZ-IO® Intraosseous Vascular Access System and Z-Medica hemostatic products (QuikClot®, QuickClot Control+®) medical devices). In doing so, the role helps grow overall market share with new and existing customers, generate new business, and create total customer satisfaction. This position acts as a valuable resource to those involved in emergency medical procedures and facilitates improved patient care while increasing clinical value to medical professionals as well as to Teleflex Incorporated.
ASRs are expected to work in concert with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), Clinical Support Specialists, Key Account Managers, and Medical Sales Representatives. The ASR will be required to attend trade shows, attend animal and cadaver labs, conduct in-services for staff and participate in sales presentations to prospective customers. Extensive travel will be required throughout the region, area, or nation based on clinical and personnel needs.
The medical device products sold in the business include airway products (laryngoscopes and laryngeal masks) and EMS products (intraosseous access with EZ/IO and Talon) products. Teleflex is committed to saving lives and improving patient outcomes through innovative, clinician-preferred medical devices and outstanding service. Our market-leading brands are known to clinicians the world over, and include LMA®, Hudson RCI®, Rusch®, and Arrow®.
• Exhibit competencies noted within this description
• Exhibit understanding of Teleflex Anesthesia / EMS Competition
• Manage expenses according to Teleflex policy
• Assist Marketing Department on surveys and gathering customer information
• Assist with trade shows when requested
• Actively participate in and contribute to quarterly and national sales meetings
• Continually prospect for new customers; consistently update customer database (salesforce.com) and communicate those updates to RSM. Share competitive information with RSM as well as Marketing team members as supported by RSM.
• Fill out customer complaint forms on a timely basis and sendto Quality Assurance
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
• As supported by the Region Sales Manager, this position will also implement sales plan and achieve sales goals and objectives set for the geographic territory. The position will also maintain existing customers from full-time territories, and prospect and gain new business. The incumbent will grow sales and self by joining with / observing peers with full territories in providing training and account in-servicing to emergency medical staff in the hospital and pre-hospital space.
• With RSM approval, this position may also educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends through use of our clinical education program. The incumbent will learn/use business analytic tools and territory knowledge to conduct strategic territory management business plans.
• Other position duties include managing related expenses and materials; assisting team members with regional and national conferences (booth coverage, setup/takedown).develop and maintain an in-depth profile on each account to include customer preferences, competitive products and field intelligence, market activity, important contact/decision makers, customer feedback, and attendees in-serviced.
• The incumbent must use SF.com effectively, and provide in-services - with guidance - to customers.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills are expected. High level of proficiency with our continuous education program through competency assessment.
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree with demonstrated peer leadership experience or 3 years professional experience. Prior experience in medical device or a strong "feeder" program (such as selling a broad base of technical products, B-2-B, and/or financial or complex services to a highly professional client base in a broad geography) is a plus. Prior work as EMT/Paramedic role a plus.
• Ability to spend a significant amount of time (60 - 80%) traveling in the U.S.
• Advanced level proficiency with computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Outgoing with a positive attitude
• Prior skills and/or core competencies for this position include:
o Delighting the customer
o Sales quota achievement
o Embodies core values
o Strategic planning/selling skills
o Medical industry knowledge/acumen/competitor knowledge
o Sense of Urgency
o Territory administration
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Full clean driving license
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs
• Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
• Be standing or walking in or at meetings for 6 -- 10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing with a variety of call points with the pre-hospital and acute care hospital market
• Forming clinical knowledge
• Gaining competence to have impactful conversations with emergency medicine customers regarding products, procedures, and industry trends
• Strong analytical skills and a sound business acumen
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 70% often with short notice
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.